Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Exo's Exposé

ohhhhhhh @Exoplanet 

hope tomorrow is better my friend xxxx

Took the dogs for another on-lead walk yesterday, this time in the Forest. I'd decided to go into my little town, on weekends it kinda resembles a ghosttown - nice & quite 🙂 I've recently bought a little Dutch oven, I've made damper in it & it turned out really well - I want to try some lamb shanks in it. I don't have many back teeth & have large gaps inbetween my front ones {I have Periodontitis, large portions of my life I didn't even think about my teeth unless they hurt, never loan look after them} so I need meat to be soft. I looked up what was in the powdered meat tenderizor, aparantly it's a derivitive of pinapple - so I've marinated {soaked} the shanks in pinapple juice since yesterday evening . . . I guess I'll find out tonight if it works? We went along a little side track that used to be a fairly short walk, but it seems that track has been extended. We came across a dry dam, I'm pretty sure we'd come across it {when it still had water in it} one night when I'd gotten a little lost & it used to be, what I call a roo track, a random thin single line track - now it's a vehicle track, double lined & fairly cleared. It ran along quite close to the highway & the Staffy got to see a lot of cars & trucks pass by {we had to stop for each & every one! 🙂 } We got to a point on the track that had a property on the opposite side of the highway, I knew this place, a drug dealer used to live there; I don't know if they're still there, but there was loud thump-thump music & just as we reached that point a couple of people started yelling & screaming. It could have been a party for all I know, but the Staffy started getting really toey & I couldn't help it, I was afraid dogs would come out at us. So we turned around & went back to the car. I feel like my World is shrinking again, I can't walk down my road, I can't walk down the side track in the forest - there are still plenty of places I can go to walk, but I was already very restricted in the places I'd go.

Love to all that need or want itHeart

MazyHeart @Mazarita  @eth  @Teej  @Zoe7  @Shaz51  @Sophia1 

Good morning @Exoplanet   what a shame we have to be so wary of so many insensitive and down right risky people these days.   Glad you moved away before any interaction happened this time.  And that it sounds like you don't have to hear them from where your home is.  I've had close neighbours like that several times and it's a nightmare.  If they're rowing between themselves and you try to help they usually both turn their focus on you and gang up together.   Sad that you feel your world is shrinking - I know the feeling.  

What do you have planned for today?  Those lamb shanks sound like they'll be a success.  I had similar problems with my teeth (the ones I still had after a nasty dv incident) and have now had full dentures for 5 years.  I never forget walking out of the dentist after the last extractions (frequent root canal pain prior to that) and thinking 'I never have to go through that again!!'  Life without such intense pain is so much better.

Thank goodness for our public dental system, flawed as it is.

the Staffy got to see a lot of cars & trucks pass by {we had to stop for each & every one!--- awwww I had a smile with this one @Exoplanet  Smiley Very Happy

sending you hugs @Exoplanet  and love reading your adventions , thank you for tagging me xoxo

@outlander Heart I kinda hope you didn't read through, it's why I didn't tag you - it's dog related & I know that's a trigger for you Heart Nothing bad happened, nobody was hurt! Everything's fine 🙂 Lots of love to you Heart

thanks for thinking of me and my triggers @Exoplanet but the post i read was just about your walk and wasnt triggerring at all Heart

My lamb shanks did turn out good, considering they've got a lot of tendon on them, the actual meat fell away from the bone 🙂 I'll be doing that again. I haven't had a steak, well goodness me, for years - I might try it, though your spending $10 on 1 slice of cow! It didn't have a strong pineappley taste to it, after soaking I wrapped them in alfoil with a bit of soy sauce & honey on them, then cooked them on the lowest heat I could for, I don't know, couple of hours. The reason I wanted the dutch oven was because I didn't want to have to gather the wood, throw an axe at it, light the backyard fire & move the coals into the pit - I'm getting too old for all that. I have one of those single burner, portable gas camping stoves & that's what I cook on. The oven seems to work well on it 🙂 I need to go into the next town over today, though as I sit here it doesn't feel like I'm going to do anything. We also need to have a bathing day, I was going to do that days ago & I forgot, but I spilt some of the honey soy on me the other night & I've still got a splash of it on my right foot! 🙂 I need to get easter stuff for my daughter & the kids, & post it off - before I forget! The puppies are also due for thier worming stuff, I get a text from the Vet to remind me - if I don't go & get them the day I get the text, I'm likely to forget! Considering that's the 3rd time I've mentioned forgetting, I think maybe my memory abilities might be on my mind? 

Love to all that need or want it Heart

MazyHeart @Mazarita  @eth  @outlander  @Shaz51  @Zoe7  @Sophia1  @Teej  @greenpea @CheerBear 

Good morning @Exoplanet!

Good Morning @eth  Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance