Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: complex PTSD

Hey Sara

I'm concerned about you.

Please take a deep breathe. Try to slow everything down.

What has worked in the past when feeling so overwhelmed.

Distract, use senses to ground you, breathing meditation.

Warm bath, music, something that will slow everything down.

I am here and listening.

Please if you are feeling unsafe contact

Life line, suicide callback, or ooo .

They are there to help and support you without judgment.

*gives @hiddnite a tear stained smile*

Still proud of you... keep growing for me

Hi @sara 

I am also very worried about you. The Forums are now closed, I will send you an email as well shortly to touch base with you. 

As Hiddenite mentioned, please call emergeny services if you feel you are at risk of harming yourself tonight. 

Lifeline 13 11 14
Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467
If in immediate danger: 000

Hey @sara 

It's Hobbit here. Just thought I would say hi and see how you ae going. Remember, you have friends here, we all care about you!!

Hobbit.

Dear @sara 

I haven't time to make a long post before close. I wanted to check in with you, and let you know that I know (and I'm sure Karen does too) what the whole combination feels like. It can feel like you're in a catch22 and don't know what to do to get out and as if you will never get the help you need to get through. But you will, and you're not on your own. 

I will try tomorrow to post a few ideas I had for services you could contact who might provide some support for various issues: Child First, Safe Futures and Nexus Primary Health (Theraplay) for starters. If I don't remember to post the numbers by tomorrow night (and some more explanation) then please send me a reminder.

In the meantime you are doing an amazing job with so much going on.

Take care of you my friend.

Kindest regards, 

Kristin

Hey @sara 

Just checking in with you. How are you travelling? Please touch base.

Those numbers I promised are:

Safe Futures 9877 0311

Child First 1300 369 146 (is Yarra Ranges, not sure if you are out this far, rest of list in link)

Nexus Primary Health (Theraplay team) 1300 773 352

Take care of you my friend, I think @hiddenite also makes some good suggestions in her post to you (Karen I'm pretty sure it is ok to post the numbers for those sevices). It is really horrible and debilitating when you feel so overwhelmed, but you are keeping going and that is the main thing. One foot in ffront of the other, slowly slowly getting there.

Hope for help endures...

Kindest regards, 

Kristin

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance