Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Struggling

Hi @Dimity and thanks for your reply. Yes, we muddle along and hopefully end up farther up the road.

The sweet potatoes, citrus, tumeric and ginger somehow thrived through the rain and the hardy pumpkins continue to grow so I feel fortunate with the garden. It's still soggy outside but I'm hoping for more sunny days ahead both figuratively and literally.

I hope that your trip to the shopping centre is a success. I love gifting books to people of all ages, particularly the young.

Give your cat a pat from me (if he likes pats that is) and take care of yourself.

RedHorse 🌹🐴

Hey @RedHorse @Dimity 

gee I totally forgot about the forum thanks for the reminder

i tried life without anti depressants for about 6 weeks maybe longer. I have been in a bit of a hole. Back on them again feel slightly better but I can’t get up before midday. Go to bed very late tho. Same old story really . I think I’m becoming more isolated as  I get older . People are pretty judgmental of those that don’t measure up. I’m sick of people talking about their taxes like mental health conditions are just a case of sitting on the couch eating chips. 
Must admit it’s mighty cold down here in the Macedon Ranges but I’m still studying . Find myself staring into space at times like I know I have heaps to do but overwhelmed by it. 
Hope you are ok @RedHorse stay reasonable and know that just going ok is ok for us. 

Hi @perspective good on you for studying. I'm glad antidepressants are helping.  I was in the same boat re sleeping late but am working on it. Isolation too. I hope your dog is OK and still taking you for walks, even if it's chilly. Macedon ìs a beautiful area. I'm fighting to preserve our one large tree from being cut down by neighbours who don't like it dropping leaves. I had a slight medication drop and find I'm getting grumpier when crossed.

You're lucky growing your own ginger and turmeric @RedHorse . Two of my favourite things.  Apparently sweet potato leaves can also be cooked as a green. My grapefruit are nearly ripe and there are lemons overhanging the fence. 

Fingers crossed you both stay clear of covid and flu. I guess there's an upside to isolation.

Hello there @perspective and welcome back to Forum Land. Long time no screen contact!

I've been back on my antidepressants (and taking all other medications as prescribed) for a while now too, and like you I am feeling better slowly, slowly, slowly.

I struggle with actually getting out of bed each day (and some days like today I don't succeed) so don't feel bad for sleeping to midday after going to bed late @perspective 

I can relate to feeling overwhelmed by what needs to be done while not being fully cognisant of what it is exactly that requires attention.

What are you studying? Is it art? I seem to recall that you paint.

If there's frost on the Mid North Coast of NSW where I am, then it must be literally freezing on the Macedon ranges in Vic. I hope you and your doggo keep each other warm.

I wonder what city/ state @Dimity is in?

I love "Just going ok is ok for us" and think it should be our new thread motto ☺️

Take care,

RedHorse 🌹🐴

Yesterday I got out of bed and had a shower.

Today I got out of bed and went into town and did some much-needed grocery shopping.

This evening I am struggling again - just holding back the tears and desiring nothing more than to crawl back into bed and hide.

This depression is getting the better of me 😭

Just dropping by with some love @RedHorse  please stay safe. You are very important and I am sitting with you.

💙🤗💙

Thanks for the love @Eve7 

I'm safe, just sad.

Bow
Senior Contributor

Hey @RedHorse  sitting with ya

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Feeling the need to hide away again doesn't undo the progress you accomplished @RedHorse 

Also sitting with you 💜

Sitting with you my friend @RedHorse ❤❤

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance