Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Re: Struggling

Hey @RedHorse  I am super sorry to hear you're having such a rough one today. It's like even though you have had some accomplishments, there's a few of the basics that just feel too much right now. I dunno though, where you see failing, I'm just seeing... human-ing.

I totally know the wildly exhausting process of having a shower. Like ew, I have to go through this whole process of undressing, being freezing cold, getting shocked by the hot water... and then when I'm in the shower, it does feel kinda nice for a time but then... oh snap you mean I now have to get out again? And be cold and wet and go through the whole process of drying AND getting dressed again? Yikes. 

You call your post self-indulgent but like... I thank you for being open enough to share these moments of your life because honestly I think almost everyone here can completely relate to it. It makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one who will skip out on showering for... an embarrassingly long time, especially in the winter. But that's okay, we're supposed to go slower and be less active when it's cold, and that means we won't have as much sweat n dirt to wash off anyway! 

I appreciate you sharing where you're at. And I'm here if you wanna chat, or vent, or distract, if you feel it could help 😊

Your hugs and comments have been gratefully received my friend @Dimity 

Take care,

RedHorse 🌹🐴

Thankyou for your thoughtful response @Jynx 

I actually feel a little bit better about the whole showering or lack of thing. You definitely get where I'm coming from with the painful aspects of the process. Add to that I live off grid and use an outdoor camping shower... Brrrrrrr

Both you and @Dimity reminded me that, however low I am feeling, I did have some accomplishments today.

Take care,

RedHorse 🌹🐴

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Aww you're welcome @RedHorse , it warms me to hear that it helped 💜

And whoooo boy, an outdoor camping shower sounds like an enormous challenge! My teeth are chattering just thinking about it! 

Hope you can stay toasty this evening 🔥🤗

Hello how are you going @RedHorse @perspective ? We've had several mild sunny days in a row and I've been trying to walk daily (4 days in a row now). 

Hope ur OK.

Oh hi @Dimity  how are you going? Great that your walking. I’m struggling with my painting just no enthusiasm, Took my dog for a walk today on the way I gave the Vet $100 off my massive bill . I felt ok today …it’s kind of nice to feel ok. Hope your doing ok @RedHorse 

Glad to hear you're OK @perspective . Maybe it's just a temporary dry patch with your painting, like writers block. I'm pushing uphill atm, it's an effort but hey things could be worse. Hope you and doggo continue well. I let the cat in and out several times a day, he's in charge.

Hello Forum Friends
@Dimity @perspective

Thanks for the tags and well wishes.

I haven't been well lately and only just checked in with the thread.

Today I got out of bed and went outside to sit in the sun - the first time for a while. It was lovely and well worth the effort. I even managed a couple of short walks to the dam and back.

I hope you are both doing okay with your fur family. 

Take care,

RedHorse 🌹🐴

Hello Forum Friends 🙋

@Dimity @perspective 

Long time no post on this thread.

I'm sure it will come as no surprise that I am struggling again/still.

I hope you are doing better and life is moving forward smoothly.

I'm practising self compassion this evening and thought I'd pop in here to feel a bit more connected with the world.

I've told myself that tomorrow I will get up and participate in life, however small I will make an effort.

I hope you are doing okay.

Take care,

RedHorse 🌹🐴

Howdy @RedHorse it's good to see you. Maybe it's a bit like treading water, it's an effort to keep afloat sometimes but it's great when you resurface.

How's your vegie patch faring after all the rain? I hope it's still productive. Here not much is growing and I need to finish the winter pruning. 

Hope the weather is good for you when you venture out. I need to head for the regional shopping centre to try to find picturebooks for a young relative, maybe I'll get there tomorrow.

We muddle on.

Take care @RedHorse .

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance