Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Let`s talk about Bipolar

hello @Meowmy@bipolarbunny , @Former-Member , @eth@Mazarita@Dimity@Olga@Bipolar@Bipolarcarer@Sophie1@HenryX 

been having a rest day today after a very big week 

today my mr shaz who has bipolar 2 has spent time on his computer for most of the day , think it is all catching up for him xx

yes trying to find that balance is hard my @frog , my mr shaz finds it hard too 

how is everyone xx

Hey everyone, how's it going?

@Shaz51  @Always-hope@Meowmy@Appleblossom@HenryX@greenpea@eth@Mazarita , @Bipolarcarer , @frog 

Sorry I've been absent a bit this week, I have had a really big week of triathlon training and I'm generally exhausted of an evening. Been taking my meds around 5pm and then crashing. But it has been great for my headspace and my waistline. I'm starting to reverse the meds weight gain. Since I've gone plant based it's had a remarkable effect, almost eliminated my IBS. And my moods have leveled out considerably. 

How's everyone else's weekend been? I'll try to catch up with everything tomorrow or Tuesday when things slow down a bit. Going to drop a poem on the writing thread then hit the hay. Nite all. Big hugs, be safe xx

BB 🐰💙

ohhh @bipolarbunny  what have you done to help the side affects of the weight gain of the meds xx

Hey @Shaz51 

I changed to a plant-based or vegan if you prefer lifestyle. No meat, no fish, no eggs, no dairy. I've also gone gluten free. I had a lot of issues with B.E.D. (b*nge eating disorder, junk food) and severe IBS. 
I'm on week 2 and I feel amazing. My blood sugar has leveled out, my moods have leveled out, my anxiety has been much less and my meds have become much more effective in controlling my bipolar episodes. 
I am eating like a horse, lots of yummy nutrient dense foods, not one bit hungry, no cravings and the severe IBS episodes that would hit me after each meal have ceased.

My therapist is vegan also and he is absolutely stunned by the difference it has made. 
It is a BIG commitment and definitely not for everyone but I'm converted. I won't go back to my old lifestyle. There's been way too many benefits for me. 

Hope you are well my friend, hope Mr Shaz is doing better and behaving himself too 🤗

big hugs,

BB 🐰💙

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Shaz51 over doing things even if it is fun things do tire us out more than most unfortunately. I find I need peace and quite to recharge my battery. Hope you are feeling better today.

@bipolarbunny  good to see your working hard on your fitness trying and that great bonus of a trimmer you! Wish I was as dedicated....must try harder Lol

@Former-Member @Shaz51 @bipolarbunny @Bipolarcarer @frog hey everyone, take care

"could you not try to explain when your partner is in a better mood how this affects you?"

Yeah I have.. I will again..

very true @Former-Member , soo glad we had the day off today to get ready for tomorrow which my darling Mr shaz won`t want to go to work xx

congratulations my  @bipolarbunny Heart

ohhh my @Bipolarcarer  I found that i had to pick the right moments to talk to my husband who has bipolsr 2 and I had to leave suggestions instead of telling him xx

ohhh my @Bipolarcarer  there is a lot of things i have not brought up with my bipolar partner my friend 

I have not told him xxx

"ohhh my @Bipolarcarer  there is a lot of things i have not brought up with my bipolar partner my friend 

I have not told him xxx"

Yeah that is walking a bit of a tightrope, as the things I don't bring up contribute to my own mental health issues (anxiety, depression). It's a complex excercise in itself working out what I need to talk about for my own mental health and what is better not to talk about.. I think the work with my own psychologists has mostly been directed at "you have to talk about all the things you are struggling with" but then that has a toll on us both..

It's an extra hard one for me as I had a quite abusive (physically at times and often emotionally) childhood where my feelings didn't matter which resulted in a panic disorder which after I left home as an adult meant years of therapy to resolve, so it is a complex issue for me.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance