Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Let`s talk about Bipolar

Hi @bipolarbunny , @Shaz51  @Mazarita  @Former-Member  @frog 

Things are pretty quiet where I am. Haven't been as active as I had planned to be, but still keen to pick up the pace and move forward.

Successful counselling discussions last three weeks. The counsellor and I seem to match well together. I'm a bit isolated if that were not the case, but thankfully positive.

It seems that everyone is in the same boat as far as weather is concerned. Good for skiers, but cold everywhere. I believe the slopes opened a week early this season - only trouble being that many people can't get there. Hope @Snowie gets a chance to enjoy the snow.

Best Wishes to Everyone

HenryX

Hey @bipolarbunny 

Smiley Happy

Keeping moving through winter is important to stop me freezing into a real fossil.

Nearly vegan salad rolls for din plus apple and rhubarb pie. Yum.

@Mazarita @Shaz51 @Former-Member @HenryX 

Oooooh @Appleblossom that sounds delightful! I've been researching some wonderful recipes, can't wait to try them out. Already worked out how to make vegan chocolate mug cake! Yummo! xx

@HenryX I'm so glad the counseling sessions are working for you my friend. That is so great! xx

BB 🐰💙

Hi @Appleblossom ,

I think that more timed exercise is on the cards for me, if I don't want to end up petrified or a fossil.

Your reference to "din" amused me, because sometime back you refered to "yummy din". Mind wasn't in gear because I thought "I've not heard of that dish", and then the penny dropped.

Apple and rhubarb, my mouth is watering - love it. Often just lightly simmered with some sultanas for sweetness (and some cinnamon and nutmeg and/or cloves) (no sugar) and cream when served. Yep Yum.

Hope the rest of the weekend is pleasant for you also Appleblossom

Best Wishes

HenryX

Hi @bipolarbunny thanks for the callout in an earlier post. Good to hear you are keeping up the exercise. I am getting in to walking after a big crash out year in 2020. I could barely walk around 2014, very short distances and painful. Now walking 4km a couple of times a week, on average. Body feeling stronger for it, great.

Hi @HenryX great to hear you have a new counsellor you are feeling good about. I have recently started with a new psychologist who is also a hypnotherapist. I am finding wonderful things in our sessions so far, especially the last 45-minute hypnosis, so calming, healing. Been listening to a recording of it nearly every day since.

Hey all from around dawn after a night of little sleep. Hope there is some good stuff in everyone's day. Heart

Hey @bipolarbunny

Well done on the diet and exercise!

I am not doing to well with the cold, but love how you put it ... kicking back. Food for thought.

Ha ha @HenryX   some of the old ways of speaking have their charm . .. not all tho!

Smiley Happy

@bipolarbunny 

Keeping moving in winter is crucial for me cos of arthritis. I get so tired of it being totally structured and have to change things around every few years.  I had good results for a few years by volunteering and guiding in a local sanctuary.  I rugged up and the task oriented and interactional nature kept me motivated and I fogot I was exercising.  Before that I had lapsed into a seductive hibernation, but not good for my body and joints.

I have to confess the fruit pie was just a bought version and has "vegan friendly" on the pack. Its partly a communication to my son. Historically both my maternal and paternal lines had serious access to food issues. II was the most vegetarian in my generation, but when married I raised 3 children with a high veg and dairy but low meat diet in agreement with their father. My brother was keto and paleo and my son goes on and off keto.  The wraps are using up the last of huge sour cream we had.  Finishing it today with humous!  

Personally cos of what I have witnessed I am wary of limiting food diets.

We all have to do what our own health needs are.

Good afternoon @Appleblossom , @frog , @Mazarita , @HenryX , @bipolarbunny 

All this talk of food is making me hungry,  yumm 

Raining up here so relaxing  now , had a headache  this morning  

Hi @Mazarita and @Appleblossom , @frog , @bipolarbunny 

Thank you for your response and comment on the recent counselling arrangements. I also am working with affirmations and a style of self-hypnosis and find both, as you say, calming and healing.

Best Wishes

HenryX

@frog Thanks my friend, yeah winter is brutal on moods and motivation. I really have to push myself to get outside and move when it's cold, otherwise I end up in such a funk. Once I get going I'm usually fine, it's just the thought of getting out in the elements. Exercise has become really important for me, as my psychologist and I have discovered, it's a really great coping therapy and if I miss a day or two, it's like missing my meds. Also I have this crazy idea of doing an Ironman triathlon one day, so I need to build my fitness for that. xx

@Appleblossom  Yes I can definitely identify with the move it or lose it or in my case seize up with arthritis, so I hear you there. I kinda laugh when people tell me, isn't it painful doing all that training, as I always reply it's actually a lot more painful for me not doing it! I literally move to keep being able to move. And any movement is so good for the headspace too. 
I've toyed with other eating regimes too. I went paleo for a while, but I had my gallbladder removed a few years back and since then I've had chronic IBS. So my quest is to find a lifestyle that works for me. I really hate the word diet cause it denotes a state that is temporary which is why they don't work. What ever changes you make need to become a lifestyle change or they won't stick. And as you've pointed out, every one of us is different and we have to find what works best for us. Much like meds and therapy etc. xx

@Mazarita Good on you, 4kms is an awesome effort. I'm so glad you've found something that helps for you. I'm a great believer in finding something that moves the body and heals the soul. If you feel better when you're done, you are more likely to stick to it. xx

@Shaz51 Hi ya Shazzy, hope you are feeling better this evening my friend. xx

@HenryX Can definitely recommend getting the joints moving, just start slow and gradually build up, you don't need to do much to feel a lot of benefit, physically & mentally. xx

@greenpea I'm tagging you in my friend cause I'm missing you like crazy and hope things are going really well for you. xx

Me, I've had a mixed day, toxic family member plus complete disrespect and dismissive behaviour towards me as always, sends me into a tailspin. So I did an extra hard training session today. I needed to burn off the angst and bitter despair. I hate that they (my family) can push my buttons still. It's something my psychologist and I are working on. I biked for 30 mins, ran for 30 mins, biked for another 30 and ran for another 30. In triathlon circles they call it a double brick workout cause running off the bike your legs feel like bricks. It was hard, but it was also awesome and exactly what I needed. Two hours of working through toxic thoughts and I finished my second run feeling cleansed, tired but feeling better. Had a big plate of rice, veggies & tofu for dinner and now I'm rugged up watching Frasier re runs, which is my go to comedy comfort when I've had a difficult day. I have a session with my psychologist on Tuesday so there's something to look forward to next week. 

Anyway I hope you all found a little bit of light today. I'm through living a bleak life, I used to be stuck in the dark, but now I fight hard to keep moving forward, I enjoy every single sliver of light in my day and I do my best to survive the BS. 

Big hugs to you all xx

BB 🐰💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance