Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

talkingdreams
New Contributor

Just need support & someone to talk to

Hi, I’m feeling really down atm.

My adult daughter hates me.

She says I’m evil.

All I have ever done is try to support her & her kids.

She has blocked me & wants nothing to do with me.

it really is so painful.

She has been very hostile towards me for some time.

My heart is broken.

I live in a remote area, & she is my only family.

I have no one to talk too.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Just need support & someone to talk to

I'm so sorry to hear this @talkingdreams . It sounds like an awfully hard place to be in. I hear how isolated you are, and with your daughter blocking you, it makes it all the worse.

Did something happen? Do you think your daughter said these things in the heat of the moment?

@talkingdreams 

I hear you. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. You can find support and friendship here. Keep your chin up. 

@talkingdreams I am so sorry for you and the situation with your daughter, that sounds really tough. I am reasonably new to this forum (less than a week), but it seems like a supportive and responsive community. Good on you for reaching out, I know how hard that can be. I send positivity and encouragement to you and I really hope for restoration in your relationship with your daughter.

Hugs!!

Hello @talkingdreams 

Sorry you have been hurt by this seemingly growing trend of cutting off family members.

I am shocked and hurt by it too, but learning to live with it.  Looked at online resources about it on youtube and Family Estrangement.  People are telling me similar stories.  It is sad for everybody really, as other relationships also suffer, children etc. 

I guess I know why I was so shocked by it. I was trying so hard to look on the bright side, must have been living in denial about the seriously deprived circumstances I endured.  I cant really give advice cos I struggle and go back and forward in my mind about reaching out again and again. 

Acceptance is not easy, its not about fairness, cos the injustice is often huge, but build up activities that give you meaning.  People on here try and be decent.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance