Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Attahua
Senior Contributor

Home visit

So I have just brought my partner home from hospital for the day as we did this last night and the normality was good for him but unfortunately he hadn't slept all night and is obviously still very unwell. He has accused my daughter of stealing from our account (which is not possible) and fortunately although she is only 16 she knows he is unwell but still what he says is hurtful. My hope is that once he has showered in his own shower he will hop into his own bed, snuggle up with his dogs and sleep the day away and then we can have a peaceful day!!!! At least this proves to me that when he is unwell I cannot manage him full time at home and having him admitted was the right thing to do. Whilst he is paranoid and suspicious and hearing voices the hospital, I believe, is the best place for him with regular home visits. The home visits have only just started but I expect , all going well , that they will continue and then hopefully when he is a little more stable he can then stay home permanently with daily visits from his caseworker. Sometimes it can be very very difficult to live with someone with schizoeffective disorder but I do love the man he is when he is well so we will push on through this episode and re evaluate his care plan when he is well again to work out what could have been done differently etc etc to avoid the situation we have once again found ourselves in!!!! Happy Easter everyone!!! 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Home visit

Hi @Attahua,

although you are all dealing with a lot I hope that you do get your few moments of peace and happiness today

it sounds like you are doing a great job in a really tough situation 

Happy Easter to you too 🙂

Re: Home visit

Thank you!! Yes it is tough ATM but am not doing any more or less than anyone else in my situation. I just love the fact that this forum is available where we can rant, vent, share stories knowing there are others out there who can relate in some way! Very refreshing!!!!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance