Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Tig2
Casual Contributor

Depression & anxiety

Hi there I'm new to doing this & having depression & anxiety that's very out of control is driving me nuts as well as grieving the loss of two family members! Am so up and down I can't eat anything and don't sleep properly! Feel very overwhelmed as well! I'm so over this!

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Depression & anxiety

Hi there @Tig2 

Welcome to the SANE forums! It's great to have you here although I am so sorry to hear that you are really struggling at the moment.  Are you safe Tig? Please reach out for support off the forum if you need help.

Two 24 hour help lines are:

Lifeline 13 11 14

Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467

If you are in a crisis please call 000

The SANE Help Centre can also support you until 10pm AEST phone 1800 187 263

I'm sure the forum members will also be able to offer you support, information and connection. I'm the moderator on duty right now.   Feel free to ask the SANE forum team or the members if you need help with how to use the forum. You might like to check out the Guidelines as they can be pretty useful in understanding how it all works  https://saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage#community-guidelines

Take care.

Whitehawk

Hi I just wanted to say that you are not alone & I am very sorry for your loss. 

Hi there @PrezJ 

Welcome to the forums. Good on you for posting a supportive message. I am sure the members will  also be able to offer you support, information and connection.  Feel free to ask the SANE forum team or the members if you need help with how to use the forum. You might like to check out the Guidelines as they can be pretty useful in understanding how it all works  https://saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage#community-guidelines

Take care.

Whitehawk

Hi l suffer from depression and anxiety as well and part off it l feel is controlling my life, when am out with other people am sometimes ok, l just wish l am a happy go lucky person l guess one day hopefully it will happen 

Good evening @Chugger1955 

Welcome to the forums also. I am sure the members will  also be able to offer you support, information and connection.  Feel free to ask the SANE forum team or the members if you need help with how to use the forum. You might like to check out the Guidelines as they can be pretty useful in understanding how it all works  https://saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage#community-guidelines

I am the moderator at the moment and I hope you can be a happy go lucky person one day too.

Whitehawk

Welcome @Tig2 

I can certainly much understand how you are feeling right now

over the last few years I have nursed both my parents through serious illness and watched them die.... sold the home I and my family have lived in all my life... which was built by my father on land that had been occupied by our family for many generations ... bought a new home and moved in... then to add insult to injury have lots of hassles at work by being bullied by management to they stage that I am about to lose my job....and have been suspended for the last 3 weeks 

as you can well imagine... all this has taken its toll on my fragile mental health..... just when I think I am climbing back up again... I slide back down the slippery slope...... despite having a GP and psychologist I don't feel Like they are helping me....

mornings are the worst.... I wake every morning a jittery mess... I cry at the drop of a hat... I don't want to get out of bed.... and as for ever going back to work.... I really cannot do it

i dont want to burden my friends... but I do talk to them about how I feel.... talking is good... which is why I like these forums... you can talk... there is no judgement... just love support and suggestions .... so please jump in and unload.... lots of help here 

Thank you & yes the stress and struggle is very real! I didn't get to see my mum before she passed away which makes me feel even worse! I also had to change psychiatrist and psychologist because they were being disrespectful of me & pretty much set me back to where I started & I do wonder if I'll end up like my mum did and worry I'll never come out of the pain and depression and anxiety I constantly feel! I'm not eating much either and am now being treated with disrespectful by drs at our local hospital as well they won't do anything to help me! I don't feel ok at the moment! I've also been getting bullied at the mental health organisation I was referred to as well! I'm struggling to cope with my pain and partner drinking as well! 

Hi Tig2,

I’m glad that you have contacted us tonight.

It sounds like you are struggling at the moment.

I’m just checking to see whether you are okay. 

Please contact the following referral for support in relation to partner's drinking 

https://www.directline.org.au/ 

RICH1

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance