Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Damned if you do

@Amother For a long time I too felt the guilt and the shame of it all. Like it was all my fault. But finally I realised that i was driving myself into the ground with this kind of thinking. I was becoming what the person with BPD wanted. A controlled shell of a person who will never leave. People with BPD fear that everyone will leave them so they pull out all of the stops to convince you that you cannot leave. It is so important as part of your healing journey to think seriously about what is happening to you as a priority over what is happening to your daughter. It is really hard at first to separate your thoughts about your loved one from thoughts about who you are.  You are a good person because you care so much and this is not your fault.  Start thinking self caring thoughts, this is key to the solution for both you and your daughter.

Re: Damned if you do

💜
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance