Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Current mood...

@Appleblossom I am feeling alot of anger. I have cried many times today. I can't help but lash out.

Sorry I did not reply immediately @Former-MemberI was offline.

As well as getting a good mental health support team, perhaps you could do research into anger.

Anger in itself is not bad, but it can mess up intimate relationships.

Tears have a healthy role too. It is difficult to yo yo between extreme emotions.

Emotions keep us informed about ourselves and our environment, which is journalling or a mood diary can help.

It helps if you work out what strategies/therapies mean the most to you.

Look around the forum and maybe post on other threads. Some are more social and others serious.

Take car

Apple

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Appleblossom I am struggling with ptsd.
Yeah it sure has taken over my life

Have you looked at some of the threads about PTSD.  Is it the complex kind from various different traumas ?

I think I have that too. Smiley Sad

What have you tried that works at all ... even if its not working right now?

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Appleblossom Yes i have.

I have constant stress occuring i am always reactive and angry. I keep remembering everything in my mind. The only thing i am doing to distract myself is work...Though i still feel like i am going stir crazy for the stress as well with single parenting

Work and single parenting IS A LOT OF STRESS. @Former-Member

When we are a parent our emotions are often on show, we feel the need to control our own feelings as well as do all the practical stuff.

I think 

@CheerBear @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Shaz51 @soul are all parents, some of them doing it alone.

Just tagging others in to say hello to you.

Do you have any professional supports? 

Thanks for the tag @Appleblossom ☺ Coming by to say hi @Former-Member. I too am a single parent managing PTSD. I find it exhausting sometimes. Similar to you, I find myself reactive and angry. It can be really hard and as you said, lots of stress can build up.

I'm heading out for a little while to do the dinner thing but might bump into you around sometime. I find it helpful to be here around others who get it, and venting/sharing the load can kind of make it feel less stuck inside me sometimes. I hope you find it helpful also.

Hi @Former-Member ..... swinging last to say hi as well (thanks @Appleblossom) .....

While I am not battlin PTSD, I am a carer for a husband who doesn’t understand that he is unwell ...... and the sense of helplessness as our family careers all over the place under the effects of our situation is traumatic at times, and just infuriatingly frustrating at others.

Here and listening ......
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi again @Former-Member - i think i've met you briefly here before to you that i have ptsd and a single mama, it is tough and exhausting. I work, which partly keeps me sane, but also makes it so hard to keep up, am constantly jsut chasing my tail... have difficutles with some stuff that really shouldnt be hard and we each experience our in similar as well as situation specific ways. Its nice to know that we aren't alone though and are here together,
take care

Hello @Former-Member Heart

thank you for the tag @Appleblossom Heart

I am not battlin PTSD, I am a carer for a husband who doesn’t understand that he is unwell ., he think he is totally well ..

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance