Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Coping Mechanisms and Wellness Strategies

Like what you have to say about counting
to ten and to enjoy those free spirit moments. Bimbam

Re: The Importance Of Challenging Depression

Find what you say about getting involved a very uplifting move that will help with depressive mood

episodes. Congratulations on your success however small or large - a real achievemant.  Bimbam

Re: General Coping Mechanisms and Wellness Strategies

I have mainly unipolar with too many lows
but your coping mechanisms encompass
this. By trying various therapies one gets
to know what will work and what does not. Thanks for all your hard earned wisdom. We are not alone or have to be when trying to cope with day to day
mood swings. Keep posting. We are eager listeners. Bimbam

Thank you so much for your kind words @Bimbam

We all have different conditions and mental health issues, and we each find very individual ways of surviving and coping and making the most of it all...

There are universal challenges, and there are amazing similarities in our life journeys. By sharing our experiences, even if they don't feel important, or even if we discount the underlying grit and determination needed to get there, we help to inspire others, and to share what worked and what didn't, so that we can all try to improve the quality of our lives...

I love the challenges of my life. Sometimes they are way too much for me, and I collapse in a heap. Other times, everything is so very easy and I am on top of it. In the grand scheme there is balance. It is only when I get caught up in the pain and trouble of the moment, tipped to an extreme by my bipolar mood swings, that life loses that balance, and I struggle hugely to cope.

Balance. That is key... hard to achieve, but well worth the effort... 🙂

After so many years realising that my depression has caused a lot of relationship issues, at the time it felt so believable what I was feeling but now understand that it was the symptoms that were distorting my emotions no wonder the first wife left. Am I being too hard on myself?

It's possible you are being too hard on yourself @JEFFREY53. Given the opportunity most of us would go back and rewrite the history books of our individual lives. As this is not possible I believe your emotions distorted by your depression probably had a lot to do with the breakdown of your relationship.

We can't change our past but we can change our future. Learn the lessons that you can from this experience and move forward just one step at a time. I do hope your depression is improving. Hugzzz
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance