Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Any positive stories out there?

Hi all, just wondering if people out there are having any positive stories happening in their life they want to share?

60 REPLIES 60

Re: Any positive stories out there?

Well, I am getting surgery to remove polyps and I am looking forward to getting some of my quality of life back. I predict this will open up some doors for me  to get back to doing the things I love to do.

I am currently doing something about my alcohol problem and remembeer how I felt when I used to take long breaks from it (I didn't even drink on my 30th). With my depression and anxiety I have spoken to a few councilors and two psychologists. The last councilor I had was really good and had gotten me out of dark places. It's all a work in progress. 

Hello @Former-Member and everyone,i recently received a large sum payout, apparently my super annuation funds were insured against me not being able to work again,so yeah,I can buy a house and a new car

@Former-Member  A lovely thread idea and looking forward to reading your positive stories. 

Good work @TheJuZShoW you are so right, it is all a work in progress and something I have to remind myself ❤️

Wow, @Bill16 , that is really great news for you and such an exciting time if that is something you were working towards. I would love to get into the property market and we have been trying for about a year now but with limited supply and high demand it is not easy. But that too is a work in progress and we are a lot closer than we used to be so have to remember that too. 

I have nothing specific to report but feeling really great for the first time in a while so I am taking that as a positive and running with it for as long as I can. I do feel like things are turning a corner 🙂

It took around 18 months for my lawyers to get it sorted out @LookingHopeful  I had pretty much given up hope,then next minute it's in my account

@Bill16 funny how that is always the way, when we stop pushing against or stop thinking it somehow falls into place. Much easier said than done as I cannot shut my brain off most times 😂
Let the fun begin now and I wish you all the best on whatever you chose to do next. 

Thankyou very much @LookingHopeful  I wish you nothing but safe travels

@TheJuZShoW Good luck with the removal of the polyps and getting back to your normal way of life.

@Bill16 congrats on that hoping it leads you to something better.

@LookingHopeful every little win is something good I reckon, and wishing you well on your journey

i have something going on too, but it’s still too early to tell if it’s positive at this stage but remaining positive 

My constant SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) has lifted now, after 6 months. This makes a huge positive difference to my daily life. It will come back, but I'm enjoying not having it at the moment. 

I made a nice bit of project progress. Been leaning about keeping things scalable and it's helping. Thanks for asking I was feeling pretty proud of myself for my little breakthroughs.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance