Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any positive stories out there?

Ha. I got gouged on those insurance extensions @Bill16 . All the same, glad that system worked out for you. I saw someone on the news who had a payout and didn't know they were covered. Congrats.

Thanks @wellwellwellnez  I'm so stoked

Good list @TheJuZShoW .

Body, mind and spirit sort of stuff.

Standing/walking/climbing's all about the balance.

Hey @Former-Member absolutely love this thread, it made my morning! 

I am going to tag a few members who also might be interested to join in @Dimity @LostAngel @Bow @Shaz51 @pinklollipop15 @Eve7 @Zoe7 @ButterflyBeauty 

Adding to the positive stories, I have been working on my sleep routines lately and trying a few new things (as insomnia is fairly common for me!). I have started mindfulness breathing before bed, building yoga into my week and adjusting my meal times to eat early at night so I have space for my body to wind down. This week I slept through an entire night without waking once for the first time in years! Big win 😄 

Looking forward to reading your wins and positive stories this week 

Way to go @Daisydreamer , I bet that night sleep felt good , hope you have many many more 

Hello @Former-Member ,, a great thread my friend xx 

My postive was that we got a refund from our house insurance which we were still paying after our house had to be demolished because of the house fire 

@wellwellwellnez , @Bill16 , @NatureLover 

Thanks for the tag @Daisydreamer . I'm happy for you and for @Bill16 and @Shaz51 . It's nice when there's good news or you find a silver lining. I wish I had something positive to report... 

@Daisydreamer wrote:

This week I slept through an entire night without waking once for the first time in years! Big win 😄 

Fantastic news, @Daisydreamer ! 🙂

@Dimity perhaps your positive story is just around the corner, I certainly hope so 💚

My positive news is that for the past 5 weeks I've made every meal I've eaten and I feel so much better for it. I've been in a pattern of being chronically busy, then chronically tired, and relied heavily on take away. I see this as a radical transformation of self-care, as someone who hated cooking and I wasn't putting the time in for me. 

Keep these positive stories coming, folks!

Hey @Former-Member thanks for a great thread.

I am remembering why I have to take medication and reminding myself I cannot do without it. I have schizophrenia and I have been stable on wonderful meds for three years. In this time my life has changed dramatically (slowly, but dramatically well). I have done the whole "I'm fine, I don't need my meds" thing so many times and it has ended in pure disaster. As you can tell I am a few times around the cycle, so I'm experienced enough to know.... but the thought I might be 'cured' is still there.....

So this time, in the period of wellness, I need to remember to take my meds and why I need them. Even though I feel normal, I do not want the crippling insanity, debt, delusions and broken relationships again. I can't afford it.

That's my positive!

@Rosie That sounds to me like you’ve got things under control which is great things like relationships are essential for wellness…I’m on the meds too, and searching and ruminating on the positives i too have schizophrenia (disorganised) and trying to figure out the challenges that come with the illness. Yeah don’t go off meds it’s something we unfortunately need after 5 years I got the meds working which had its own obstacles too hoping now for the positives in life but should prepare for the bad days too I suppose. Did you find with delusions that you knew it wasn’t real but you were curious about it and your brain couldn’t stop making things up?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance