Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

@Faith-and-Hope @MDT @BryanaCamp @BlueBay @Sans911 @Snowie @CheerBear @Teej @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Former-Member @Maggie @Adge  and all following along...

Another good day at work - the Assistant Principal told me they wanted to keep me there all year  so hoping they can but we know it all depends on funding and what the department chooses to do - it was nice to hear that after only a couple of weeks though.

Another teacher was telling a different teacher that she had a good moment in her day when she turned around in the classroom to see my smiling face behind her and it made her smile too - that was super sweet of her to say.

I am starting to fill in the gaps in my timetable and have more planning to get done in those times - next week a couple of the programs I am working with will begin with students so that is exciting. Tomorrow I start doing large papier mache animals with a group of students - we will work on the wire frames first and then next week we can start covering them with the paper. That I am really looking forward to. Smiley Very Happy

I am still very tired in the morning but the more I have to do at work the easier it is to get through the day. I was actually early this morning and my morning duty went quite quickly - it is kind a fun to see all the kids come in in the morning and play with each other before school - a nice way to start the day!

I hope everyone has had moments of light in their day and this evening is okay as well. Love and hugs to all Heart

@LFS  Just a check in to see how you are travelling today? Smiley Happy

@Former-Member  You have been quiet a bit too Hon - a peek a boo when you can would be nice Heart

So glad today was a good day @Zoe7  with those feel good moments in them. Makes a huge difference when we are appreciated. If you can stay there all year then that would be fantastic. The paper mache group tomorrow sounds like fun!

Hi @Zoe7  @Snowie 💕

So great to hear how it’s all

going @Zoe7  .... and I am so excited for your papier-mâché animals, and I am not even the one doing them .... lol 😂 

I only had one class today .... a drawing studio .... but I am tired and stooging around a bit at uni before mustering the energy to wal home with D2.  I want to walk home.  Just not ready yet .... 

The class was great, and I am okay, just physically tired.

It has been a really big week for you @Faith-and-Hope - shouldering much of the responsibilities with the visitors, giving your baby dragons a gentle push in the right direction and doing your own uni stuff - all of that would be weighing you down and would be tiring. Get through tomorrow and then relax a bit on the weekend Hon - put your week up for a while and let the world happen around you - you deserve that break after all that you have done for everyone else this week Heart

@Snowie It would be great to know I was there all year but need to just focus on the 2 terms for now so I am not disappointed. It would be really nice to have that certainty for this year at least and the school is wonderful. I feel so at ease there.

Just had my Mum visit and she mentioned that she knew I had a phone call from the old Principal. Apparently she was really sorry to my mum that she didn't farewell me properly - mum told her it wasn't her she had to apologise to. The principal told her she was going to get in contact with me and my mum stated that she didnt know what type of reception she would get - wish she hadn't said that but I know my mum was really hurt by it all too. It is a good thing that I was so pleasant to her in my email reply to her phone call - I really didn't want to talk to her and it helped that it was a long weekend so I decided to email instead to acknowledge that I had received the message. It actually makes me feel even better than I took the high moral ground - she stuffed up and has acknowledged that so I accept her apology but won't forget in a hurry either - it really was unforgiveable the way I was treated at the end of last year.

Okay thank you. How are you today? @Zoe7 

I'm good @LFS Smiley Happy Had a good day at work so that really helps.

Glad you are okay. Have you been up to much today?

👋💕 @LFS 

It sounds like you’re all starting to get some closure on last year @Zoe7  ..... and the principal was probably relieved she didn’t end up having to speak to you in person, because you were gracious enough to finalise the interactions via email ..... good for you in having done that by the way ..... that was high road too, and commendable ❣️  Leave them in your dust now Sweetheart ....

Thank you for that   I was asked today if I missed teaching when I was away and I had to be honest and say that it was not even something I thought too much about for most of that time because I was too sick.@Faith-and-Hope Heart The person who asked me that also asked if I was okay now and I could answer that openly by saying I was getting there and I have had a lot of continued support. They thought that was great that I not only needed that help but sought it out - took a while to get here hey Hon and I think you are right that I can put last year, that principal and all that happened behind me now - onwards and upwards... Smiley Very Happy

My good day has been made even better by your great day. So nice to hear there's support and such beautiful feedback for you. You're really finding a place for yourself, and I hope somehow the principal can make it happen for you to stay there.

@Zoe7
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance