Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Ricardorider
Senior Contributor

A pleasent surprise then...

After a long time, months I have a cleaning job. 8hrs  week to start and will probbaly increase as I get fitter and more flexible (muscles) Have cleaned before and its about knowing the routine etc. The catch not directly related, facebook. The boat anchor of life !! A group I was part of has gone throuhg some changes. The owner decided I wasnt bogan enough ! Yep not bogan enough. Not even a middle class bogan 🙂

Like us all when you have done nothing worng and you get set up or constructive dismissal as its known in the corporate world (seen my share of all that in previous jobs in HR. on both sides. It stings. Am I better off away from them? yes. Am in the middle ground and working through it. Thats what stings. A few friends in this group noticed things have been changing. Like me they are surprised how things developed.  So, am working through it. easy to say harder to do. So, facebook you either like it or you don't. Am in the midle ground right now with it anyway. A lot of negativity too much 24/7 news and gloom. For all its inclusiveness facebook has a bad side to it. Be aware of it. Take care everyone & stay safe 🙂

8 REPLIES 8

Re: A pleasent surprise then...

Congratulations on landing the cleaning job @Ricardorider.

Yeah facebook can be a double edged sword. I only find it useful for organising events. Hope you find a different group to spend time with that's more inclusive, either online or off.

Yeah am working on that. Fb isn;t the be all and end all when you think about it. Life brings the uinpredictable. on reflection its the shock and i did nothing wrong. onwards an upwards !!

Congratulations on landing the cleaning job @Ricardorider. xx

@Shaz51Thanks Shaz. I used to work in employment ironically and a couple of other jobs where things were a lot more serious. i know long term unemployment and what goes on from both sides of the paddock.  I will crawl, then walk and maybe for me thats all. The corporate world, makes judgements and the wrong ones.

I clean, set my own pace so to speak. yep emptying bins and doing dunnies, all the glamour stuff. Right now it suits me tbh stuff centrelink (can I say that?) 🙂  If i can get 20-25hrs  a week i'll be happy. Not interested and not confident enough anymore to apply for jobs and make someone else look good. But thats my decison and not everyine will agree. Thats ok i'm not you, I have been there and done that to  a level a lot would never want to be, ever. Take each day as it comes, easy to say harder to do. Stay safe everyone and take care

Hi @Ricardorider 

Yes centrelink is too stressful for my husband who has Mi and he had been through soo many jobs until he had a breakdown

now we are self employed I do  general house cleaning and he does mowing , very small but it is good for us as i have physicl problems too

Congrats on your job!   

I got my first job in 20 years a few months back, on facebook of all places!

@Shaz51Well done to you both you are busy and working together. I too looked into self employment. TBH really difficult to get going without the money. Mainly because so many people are doing just that. Centrelink are difficult and obstructive, They assume a lot based on nothing. Are now so bogged down with bureaucracy and complaince its an unpleasewnt place to be anywhere near. I know a few former colleagues who now work for them. They have to wait to either APS retirement age or be medically retired. Stress inside centrelink is at all time high. they get comlainst daily becuase what they are told to do is incredibly complex and inflexible !

Hello @Ricardorider, @Alone, @TheVorticon, how are you today xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance