Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The magic of tidying

Hello @Oaktree I was going to post on here today! I've been cleaning too! I also baked a loaf of bread. Swept and mopped the kitchen floor. It really took it out of me. I struggle with housework. But the kitchen floor is now mopped. Laundry was put out on the line early this morning. I think I'm totally out of it for now. Might just call it a day lol

Great job @SmilingGecko 

well done. Hanging out laundry is really tedious 

Thanks @Oaktree not planning on doing much today. Am in recovery mode. I'm just not cut out to do housework.  It just saps my energy. The bread got baked yesterday but today will just rest as my body is telling me to recover. I dunno. Just spoke to @Historylover about the depot injection and how it makes people exhausted on a daily basis. I'm not on the depot anymore but my body has been considerably weakened as a result over the years...Anyway I just operate with what I've got and just do what I can. But just thinking about how bad things used to be

@SmilingGecko @Dimity @Shaz51 @NatureLover @TAB 

I tidied up in the kitchen and cleaned the bench and sink. Stacked the washing up. Hubby actually washed the dishes because the dishwasher has broken down. Will need to get a new one from Aldi next time they have them. This one was from Aldi and lasted quite a few years. I have the cleaner coming on Monday afternoon. She was supposed to come last week but I canceled her because I was sick.

Hi @Oaktree @Dimity @SmilingGecko @Shaz51 @NatureLover  barely keeping up with tidying here, , been worse I guess. keep having to make space on table and sort things to find stuff lol

@TAB @Dimity @SmilingGecko @Shaz51 @NatureLover 

I have a cleaning a fixing program on the telly. Streaming on Foxtel. So I decided to start cleaning out the fridge. It’s a big job so I got two shelves done and had had enough. I will try and do more tomorrow 

Well done @Oaktree for starting my friend 😊

Hey @Oaktree I need to do the same since one of my son's left couple months aga only 3 houses down the road which is so uncanny, most of his and my eldest son they left most of there things in containers here so I  now have 2 rooms just full of containers boxers and there other stuff and everytime I open the doors to those rooms to try and tidy them, my anxiety takes over and so can't do it, trouble is, my next inspection which will be co ing up next month to.d me they can not be left like they are or I'll be  in trouble. 

Hoping  to have a shed before then at least my workers can help move it all properly out the rooms and I haven't done the kitchen yet either,  everytime I try I just can't get the motivation to do it 

@Dimity @Shaz51 @TAB @SmilingGecko @NatureLover 

@saturnzoon @Shaz51 @Oaktree @TAB @SmilingGecko @NatureLover 

It's good you've had some successes lately. I've been out of action.

My success this week was walking around the block and picking up 387 pieces of litter. If I can't fit the bags in the bin on bin day I can ring Council for a special collection... they're very supportive of my efforts.

that's a lot @Dimity  hope things are okay with you now

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance