Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Thankyou. It means a lot   I feel so sad @Sans911 

I keep messing up in life. @Sans911 

I shouldn't complain though.  Always people that are worse off. That's what I keep getting told. An old friend said that recently. She has no idea. @Sans911 

You're awake late @Sans911 Are you ok?

That's not messing up @Former-Member but I understand for you it feels like it. It's just a way of protecting yourself from being hurt. I do the same thing. Is it the same thing for you?

Instead of blaming yourself, see it for what is. It's what you've learnt in order to cope with what seems like the inevitable. That everyone will leave you, so you make them leave first. And you can change that if you want to. By being a little vulnerable and courageous, and opening up to people. Leg them know you're struggling, and that you're scared. Those people who really care about you and want to support you will stay with you. It's risky to loose people this way, but true friends will love you in good times and bad.

And no, no one is worse off than you. Your pain is your pain Pippi. No better or worse than others; it just is.

I'm in the West @Former-Member. It's only just after 10pm here.

I've pushed everyone away. Family and all. It's so lonely really. It's been too painful though, trying to be friends with people that don't understand. No one seems to understand CPTSD though @Sans911 

I'm trying my hardest to be a good person etc. @Sans911 

Yeah I'm so hearing you @Former-Member. It's really hard isn't it? But maybe they're not ready to understand. Perhaps they have their own fears and feelings about what might have happened to you. I know that doesn't help you while you're going through this though.

We understand you here. You can be yourself here with us because we get it. Many of my family and friends don't understand either. Or some took a long time to have some idea. So I stop trying to explain. I say OK even if I'm not. It saves explanations.

It sure hurts when people completely invalidate you. Pull your head is pretty mean. I guess all you can say is that your doing the best you can,but there's some stuff you're struggling with. Which is the truth.

Thanks for understanding @Sans911 I wish I had someone in real life to talk to. Nice you're here though. My daughter has a life threatening illness and it hurts so much that I don't have anyone to talk to about it. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance