Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

really missing you @Sans911

As am I lil Sis @outlander

I'm just not sure how to come back

I feel I've missed so much, but I think of everyone here that I know so often. I just feel so lost when I come back. 

@Snowie @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope @Eve7

I will be be online for a little while if anyone wants to drop by and say hi

I can imagine it's a lot to catch up on @Sans911 but take it slow, you're always welcome here as often or as infrequently as feels right for you. We'll be waiting in the wings for ya 💜

@jnxy thank you for your kind words. I know for much of us, our worlds go around in a similar circle of being okish to being very not OK. Working on our issues and mental health recovery takes time. Often it's painstakingly slow and tedious. It is for me anyway. So I know must of my friends aren't likely to have climbed massive peaks. So that in some way gives me comfort.

Unfortunately in the last year, my physical health has declined dramatically. And I just don't have the energy or will much to be present in too many places. There are many things in my life that have I have let slide, so it's not just here.

@Sans911 Yeah healing takes its time hey. Can be frustrating sometimes but also the journey often takes us to unexpected places. I'm sorry to hear about the decline of your health, that is super rough. It makes sense you have needed to turn your focus inward. I hope in time things improve enough that you can branch out again, at your own pace of course. 

Unfortunately @Jynx my health might not recover somewhat this year if I can't get the extra NDIS funding for supports to help me manage my symptoms a bit better. I have fibromyalgia and my spine is degenerating quite quickly. Fibro affects me in so many ways, that working has become near impossible. Many of the things I enjoyed, like reading, have become challenging due to my inability to concentrate or retain information. So of course, my mental health that was getting a little better, has suffered with this decline as well. A double edged sword that is hard to manage both, but so necessary as well due to the interplay they have on each other. I'm trying to listen to my head this year at least , and do the right things to manage my health better. 

Ohh my awesome friend ❤️ @Sans911 , soo lovely 😍 to see you and wishing you a belated birthday 🎂 🥳 

@Jyn, @@x

Hello lovely @Shaz51

So wonderful to hear from you. Thank you for your kind Birthday wishes. 

oh your here sis! yay! @Sans911 it is so good to see you. it has made my day!

oh my gosh i missed your birthday 😞 Happy belated birthday!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance