Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Sending gentle thoughts your way @Determined 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Thanks @Former-Member  @Smc 

Our day has been better than anticipated.

I took a middle ground approach by saying nothing this morning and asked if darling wanted to go out for lunch when I got home from uni and before the school run. 

I think she thought I had forgotten

Anyway we had a nice lunch out. 

Kind of feeling bad that I did not do flowers or anything this year but just emotionally burnt and it would have felt insincere. It was nice to acknowledge our anniversary though and have lunch together to mark the occasion. 

The traditional gift for 20 years is china @Determined .  If you felt you wanted to, perhaps suggest she could pick out something appropriate in due course.

FIL took us out to dinner tonight to calibrate our 20 year anniversary. Was a nice night out despite not starting out so well. Certinally not a 'happy anniversary' 

Trying hard atm not to put up walls around me. Would be so easy just now to find a corner and hide.  

*celebrate ☝️

We had an almost crisis this afternoon but crisis averted thanks to the support and understanding shown from people we don't even know which included darling being driven home in her own car with the children. We have been in contact with one of the ladies tonight and darling is planing to catch up them in the upcoming school holidays. Feeling teary at the moment with thankfulness. 

@Determined  🙏😔

Is there a need to take steps in relation to a safety plan? Let pdoc know of developments?

Hate to ask, but how is med situation?  At one stage you mentioned that she may have stopped one.

@Former-Member  I think it is all good on the med front.

It is easy enough to monitor as I put out daily ration each night and can see when she has not taken it. And she has never tried to hide it when she doesn't take it.  I have however been encouraging her to try and get an earlier appointment with her proc as I do have concerns generally but so far she is resisting. May be an opportunity to encourage her some more. 

This afternoon was all triggered by a traffic accident. (She rear ended someone in stop start traffic). All very minor and it could have easily have been me under the conditions. Just a reality of her ability to cope when things go wrong 😕

Yes accidents happen *sighs at thought of having to pay excess *thankful if no one injured

You would know if best to mention pdoc or not Bro, if she is feeling delicate and often while things are fresh and emotions high it might not be the best time, perhaps observing recovery time and compare with previous  @Determined

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance