Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

As a positive darling gave me a hug of support this afternoon when I was on the edge of a meltdown,,,

Usually when I am this level of dysfunctional is when the wheels really fall off for her.

She said that she can see that I am trying to sort things out for her and thankyou. Smiley Surprised 

Just what I needed at that point in time. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Yikes @Determined  sending gentle thoughts your way. Are you able to have 1/2 hour time out and have a breather?

hugs @Determined HeartHeart

Thanks @Former-Member  @Shaz51 

I managed 1/2 hour out in the garden watering after the dreaded weekly shopping and 15min at the organ while dinner was cooking. Feeling the peak of the anxiety has eased but feeling super flat now on the edge of a headache 😖

Even though I feel flat I feel like my heart mind and breathing are racing. Its confusing contradictory mix of feelings. 😨🥺🤪

@Determined did you manage to get any sleep last night Bro?

I think I managed about 5 hours of light sleep @Former-Member  It was after 1am before I finally drifted off. I was supposed to go into work early before classes but that didn't happen. Feeling pretty wasted tonight so hoping I can fall asleep and stat asleep tonight.

Things are a bit sketchy here tonight, had a meeting with teacher and child at school and everyone (except the teacher) things I am being controlling and unreasonable. It would help if Darling actually came to some of these meetings rather leaving me to it to smooth out problems and then not supporting me afterwards in the solution.  

Sad 1.JPG

Probably should add that controlling and unreasonable in this instance is related to restrictions on internet and screen time. 

And I am only trying to implement widely recognised guidelines around what is healthy for a developing mind.    I don't even bother with what is considered an  appropriate bedtime anymore. 

20 year wedding anniversary here tomorrow and feeling emotional and conflicted about it. I was hoping to do something special but when I raised it a couple of weeks ago darling made it clear she was not the least bit interested and even went so far as to say she wished we were never married. Don't know if I should even acknowledge it now as I not sure I could cope with the potential rejection 🥺

Then if I say nothing it could be perceived as rejection by me and trigger a whole world of trouble and turmoil within darling. 

Bring on next week. I am over this one already. 

Very hard place to be @Determined. 😞 Thinking of you, praying.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance