Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Pets as therapy and for our wellbeing

Talking about sleep therapy @Former-Memberimage.jpeg

Hi @Catcakes@Maggie @Shaz51 and any other pet lovers around.

Catcakes I just read that you are feeling a bit on the outter here.  I'm sorry to hear that.  It can be a bit hard for new members to find their way around sometimes, everything seems to happen around you a bit.  I remember the same feeling when I started.  Everyone was lovely and very welcoming, but I still didnt truly feel as if I belonged.  It takes a little time I think.  But I am sure you are not being ignored, even if it may feel as though you are.  As for the moderators, they are around, but sometimes stay in the background.  

I read in your intro that you love dogs, despite the cat profile name. This is a thread I started up around this time last year when I was a fairly new member. Admittedly I have sort of come and gone a bit over the last year, but always in the background.

If you have any particular interest or hobby you are very welcome to start up a new thread about it.  Its helpful if you tag other members to see if they are also interested.  Although other members will still find it and post a reply.

Anyway, for now, I am just basically inviting you to contribute to this pet thread.  I hope you will  post about any pets that you have.  I'd love to hear of them.  If you read some of the posts here you will see other members pets are just as important to them as my Holly is to me.

I hope to hear from you.  And if you open a new thread about something, please tag me in.

Sherry Heart

Hello @Former-Member. @Maggie, @Change123, @NatalieS 

And if you open a new thread about something, please tag me in.'

how  is everyone xx

Hello @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Maggie @Change123 @LooneyToones

Apologies for not being around much lately.  Work has been really busy in the leadup to Christmas and I've been trying to build up my flex so I can see my psych each fortnight. By the time I get to the weekends I'm super tired......but enough about me.

I agree, pets are the best.  My dog Gypsy, jack russell/maltese has been my lifeline.  We saved her from the Animal Welfare League in May.  She is almost 13 but jumps around the place like a two year old.  She sleeps with my husband, who sleeps in the lounge room, each night. She is the most happiest little doggie, she always has a smile on her face. 

Hugs to all.

Lovely to see you @NatalieS, anytime.

Gypsy sounds like a fabulous companion.  And I think those who are rescued from pounds, welfare places, etc very often seem to be the happiest little dogs.  Like they almost feel the need to repay you for rescuing them.  An interesting concept.

Hugs to you also, and a cuddle to little Gypsy.  I hope you have a restful weekend.

Sherry

Hi @Former-Member...have a good weekend...take care

Gypsy sounds like a fabulous companion.xx

Hello @NatalieS, @Former-Member, @Maggie 

yes my corgi is turning 16 this year , has the same birthday as Holly xx

Hello everyone, just thought I'd post something here today because my best buddy, Holly, turns 10yo today.  As I continue to struggle through another tough time, she has been my constant companion. I love her to bits!

Happy Birthday Holly ... may there be many more.  And thank you for always being there, for never judging me, for always being happy to see me, for always trying to please me, and for just being you.

@Shaz51 @NatalieS @Maggie and I am also tagging you in @Starta @Peri as I know you both have special doggie companions too.  So I thought you may like to read this thread as well.

Sherry Heart

Happy Birthday Holly, my little buddyHappy Birthday Holly, my little buddy

Happy Birthday Holly  @Former-Member xoxo

@Former-Member, @Maggie, @LooneyToones, @Change123, @NatalieS, @outlander, @Former-Member, @Determined, @Zoe7, @Mazarita, @eth, @frog, @greenpea, @Wanderer, @WideWhale320, @Exoplanet, @Sans911, @soul, @MDT, @Appleblossom, @Smc, @SunFlower_7, @Queenie, @Teej, @CheerBear, @Kurra, @Former-Member, @PeppiPattybirthday b.jpg

Happy birthday to Holly @Former-Member - give her kisses and cuddle from me, Toby and Cat 🐶

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance