Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: I need to write

I have found another interesting audio book to listen to. It's called Overcoming Trauma Through Yoga by David Emerson.

My depression and anxiety are very bad. I feel so low and I have no energy at all.

I don't know how to overcome my problems with my housing agency and it is making me feel very depressed. It makes me feel like giving up on life (not in a suicidal way).

I felt very sad today and managed to cry for a bit. 

Today I did three 20 minute meditations. It was hard but I did them. I'm glad to have my Headspace app back. Listening to Andy Puddicombe's voice makes me feel comforted and safe. This is probably because I listened to his voice every day for six years. 

I haven't been looking after myself, or showering or cleaning my teeth, or eating properly etc.

I have just fallen into a big, black hole and I can't seem to get myself out.

I'm in bed having a cup of tea and my Pug is beside me. I'm going to listen to my audio book now The Body Keeps the Score. Listening to this audio book also makes me feel comforted and safe.

Hi @Arizona 

Thank you for being a contributor here and letting everyone know how you feel. All the members wish for you to be safe and supported and youre always welcome to discuss what your feelings and experiences at any time. Hope you can rest tonight.

All the best

NiteKat (mod)

I did a 20 minute meditation and 30 minutes of affirmations in the mirror (not in one go).

I had an annoying, unpleasant, customer service experience this morning that left me feeling stressed and flustered. I have just done a 10 minute deep breathing exercise and I'm feeling better.

I'm having a really bad day. I really did try but I have given up. I feel powerless and defeated.

I did my online shopping and it's coming in the morning. I haven't been eating properly and I'm so hungry. I have been too depressed to do my shopping. I feel weak and sick from not eating. 

Listening to Suede is making me feel better.

https://youtu.be/SmOwJJoc3hc

I have the all clear from the manager at the bike store to pick up my bike! I'm picking it up next week!

I had a shower and washed my hair.

I cleaned my teeth.

I gave my hair a really good brush. 

I took my antidepressants. 

My anxiety is very bad and I can feel the trauma in my body. I feel really weak and sick from not eating. I have 6 or 7 hours to go until the food will be here. I'm going to make myself a cup of tea and try to relax. I'm amazed at how much my body is reacting. 

And my finger is 100% better.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance