Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Leeanne
Senior Contributor

Hi

I can't stop thinking about things and I have an appointment Tuesday and not sure what to do , should cancel it causes I'm in Huonville but if I do cancel I wait another 3 weeks 😭😭😭

Krishna
Senior Contributor

Re: Hi

Hi @Leeanne Try and do some gentle breathing just focusing on your breath coming in and out of your nose. Just to give your mind a rest from overthinking. Is the appointment related to how you’re feeling? If so I’d keep it instead of having to wait another 3 weeks. I’m sorry you’re experiencing this but simply try to take things moment by moment. Maybe go for a walk in nature just for a change of scenery and take in your surroundings. It helps me when I’m stuck in thinking mode. Take care xx

Leeanne
Senior Contributor

Depressed

I have hardly any support, l feeling lost ,alone, unwanted by family 😭😭

Leeanne
Senior Contributor

Re: Depressed

Can anyone help I'm very depressed and don't know what to do 

I'm sorry to hear things have been so awful @Leeanne, depression can feel so long, heavy and hopeless sometimes ❤️ are you getting some mental health support at the moment? 

Somedays, even small things can feel impossible but those little steps can be helpful. I suppose it can look so different for everyone. For me, finding some meaning and/or purpose in my week is not always achievable, but is helpful. This might look like washing my sheets, making sure I get some fresh air, eating something nourishing, or something even smaller. Does anything come to mind for you when you reading this?

@Basil 

I don't want to do nothing all I do is upset others that I hate .

Hi @Leeanne,

I'm sorry to read you are feeling depressed. I have suffered from depression in the past and I was not motivated to do anything. I would go to work with the aim of getting home to go back to bed - it was like I was living my days on repeat. I also know that while I was going through depression I felt like things would never get better and I would never feel okay/happy again. What I was feeling felt so hard that I couldn't fathom being able to overcome it.

The first time I had depression was the hardest because I didn't understand what was going on, how to treat it, and I was worried I would feel depressed for the rest of my life. I have had a few other depressive episodes since but they have been a bit easier to manage because I know that the depression will pass - I know the early symptoms so I am much better at knowing that it's coming on. This means that I am also quicker to seek help before it gets too much.

The thing I do know about depression is that it is very treatable with the right support. Do you have a GP you could talk to about this or a trusted friend? 

I really wish you all the best and hope these difficult feelings pass for you very soon.

Warm wishes,

FloatingFeather

I'm feeling so depressed ☹️😭 I hate it 

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Hey @Leeanne  sitting with you. Sorry to hear things are rough right now. Anything you want to chat about, y'know, vent, take a load off, get it out? 

@Jynx

I feel alone empty. I went to spend time with my boyfriend but I let him down cause I came home ☹️☹️ 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance