Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Check In Space

@TuxedoCat 

Little period of sunshine was when everyone was happy and getting along.

Most importantly there was a real emotional connection with my darling. Something that I crave. To feel loved and appreciated, and to know my family but most importantly my darling feels loved. And.believes she is loved. 

@Determined that is so beautiful and sounds like a really special time. I'm so glad you had that for a little while and I hope you get some more of them ☀️ ❤️ 

hope you're doing alright @Determined. It's the occasional love and appreciation that keeps one going. A little like being thrown a bone occasionally, to me.

Sorry for the late response. Things haven't been too bad lately, doing a few courses and keeping in touch with the community. Helps us both clarify our values.

Thanks @tired_sisyphus 

Good to hear things seem OK for you. 

I am feeling weary tonight.

Had volunteered to help with a school concert last night. (Seemed like a good idea at the time) Went ok but high stress role (for me), as with most committee run volunteer events, too many chiefs and not much else. and it was a late night. 

Left home at 7 am and not home until after 8.30 pm. Used to be the norm once upon a time, Old age must be catching up lol. 

The students were amazing though so that made it all worth while. 

Feeling extra weary today. 

Went for a long bike ride this morning, managed to overheat despite sub 10 deg weather. (Less layers required).

On a positive note though, from a self care point of view, a long ride like that is great.

Also on a self care front,

I sat down at my organ for the first time in a long time and played some music. Most soothing. I should do it more often but dotn always have the attention required. 

Going to be a long night I think.

Seems the neighbours have woken from their drunken slumber from last night's activities and are at it again.

Bunch of musos so drunken karokie and some very loud foul mouthed drunk ladies hollering out with zero shame. 😵💫🥴

@Determined good on you with the bike ride and the organ music and the volunteering. Shame about the neighbours. Hopefully the self-care you did during the day set you in good stead for the shenanigans.

Ironic that after my last check-in, Mrs has had a few rough nights. Strong anger. Upside is it wasn't overly long, and she was ready to unpack and explore them afterwards.

I really want to support her unpacking emotions, problem is I'm pushing my own work further and further into the future, now it looks like Sunday is a write-off.

I'd like to think of it as worthwhile sacrifice, but it hits home a bit when a clinician asked me during the week 'what do you do to relax?' and I can't answer. I'm sure scrolling blindly on fb doesn't count.
Leeanne
Senior Contributor

Lonely

I feel very lonely and in unhappy with my life. Don't feel like doing anything at all. I sick of how things are I usually crochet but not in to it .

tyme
Community Lead

Re: Lonely

I hear you @Leeanne ,

It isn't a pleasant place to sit in, but allow yourself to let those feelings past. 

Sitting with you. I've been down that path for 10 years +. I've come out the other side.

You can too, 

tyme

Re: Lonely

@Leeanne - sitting with you too. I've felt angry about why things must be how they are. But stay with it. Like I say to my loved one (and sometimes myself), 'it will pass'.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance