Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Check In Space

And I should add, that despite all of this, things are so much brighter than they have been in recent years. 

We recently had a brief period of sunshine on the horizon and I let my guard down. 

*edit/ add for context... (don't know what happened to the last part of that message)
but now we are back to dysfunctional 😞  But still better than where we have been. 

Hi @TuxedoCat 

Thanking for including me. It came at a really good time. Feeling very depleted ATM, expressing myself is exactly what is need!

1) Maybe a 3 or 4. It feels really low. It could also be worse. I don't often suffer this way, so maybe it feels worse because it's unfamiliar.

2) Struggling with finding places in my mind to fit things. Reconciling.

Communication is something I have done well.

3) Going to brush my teeth soon & try to get good night's sleep. Maybe tomorrow, things will look different.

Hello and hugs @ExhaustedCarer , @Determined , @maddison , @Leeanne ❤❤

Hello and hugs @TuxedoCat , @Paperdaisy 

I am feeling a 4

Soo much is happening but nothing seems to going forward 

Lots of changes , upsets,  decisions,  unexpected things daily,

had enough of it all

A nice big cup of cappuccino 

@Shaz51  🧡🙏

1) How are you feeling? 

Sitting in @Determined ‘s infilling boat atm and at around 4

2) What is one thing you have struggled with, and one thing you have done well?

🧛🏻‍♂️ is back, and that means trouble.  Have had to dodge the first curve ball and not sure where the next will be coming from …..

My study work is coming along nicely, and at the moment I have been able to keep to schedule, but that was without random curve balls from 🧛🏻‍♂️ …..

3) What is one nice thing you can do for yourself today?

Put 🧛🏻‍♂️ out of my mind and get on with my assignments until something I can control happens - worry about it then.

Love and hugs to everyone …. 👋💞🌷

@Faith-and-Hope  🧡🙏

Something that was helpful for me over the weekend. Can't remember where I saw it now. 

(possibly here on the forum, that would be 😁)

Screenshot_20220813-103846_LinkedIn.jpg

Hey @Shaz51 hope you're ok.

I have had too many things going on in short space of time too. It gets too much.

It's hard being a carer & covid & all the other things that come up in life. I had a good night sleep last night & it helped.

We don't have to be superheroes everyday! It's ok to have a Clark Kent day.

I'm here if you want to unload.

I can't promise I will know what to say. Sometimes it's good to get out, if you want.

maddison xx

oh everyone, seem like a tough time ❤️ 

@maddison I'm glad expressing yourself is what you needed today. We're here to listen ❤️ Please let us know if you need any support wading through the unfamiliar. And I'm very glad you're self-care is achievable and doable and recognising that things like brushing our teeth are important acts of self-care and self-love ❤️ 

@Shaz51 biggest of love to you. I had a massive cappuccino thinking about you think morning. I hope it was a great moment to yourself ❤️ we're here to listen and support with those changes and decisions and the unexpected. All very hard things

@Faith-and-Hope I hope the study is a good distraction for you ❤️ 

and @Determined what was the little period of sunshine? I hope it was lovely. And that diagram is so useful. I might stick it up on my wall!

Sending the biggest hugs to you all ❤️ 

Hey @Determined I just found the notification for your last few posts. That context really helps me understand the sinking boat meme. And you don't need to be sorry for venting. It's what we're here for. 

You definitely are juggling a lot of balls. Thank you for giving me and the forums a bit more of an idea. I'm so sorry to hear about wanting connection from your family but not being able to get it at the moment. It sounds like you are a massive rock for all of them. And that in itself can be hard - needing to be the strong one. 

I can hear you wanting to see the positives, the blessings in your life and more. That is a really special skill (and sometimes necessity), but we're sending so much support your way. You're not alone ❤️ 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance