Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Checking In

💜😊 @oceangirl

Goodnight @Former-Member I don't think I will be up much longer.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Goodnight @oceangirl 💜🤗😴😴😴😴

OMG @oceangirl that ia such wonderful news about Trouble. I am so relieved for you both Heart

@oceangirl Thats wonderful news, feeling much better today and that news has definitely put a smile on my face.

Smiley Happy

images.jpg

@Zoe7Best news ever but still need to keep a close eye on her.

Hi again @Change123 It was a relief thats for sure. I am glad you are feeling better too. Sending you lots of hugs. Take Care

Definitely best news ever @oceangirl HeartHeartHeart so so so happy for you both Smiley Happy

I managed to get to the beach with Toby this afternoon. There were only a few people and dogs on the beach and the tide was way out so Toby ran all over the place - he is worn out now (and so is his Mummy) but it was worth it to see him so happy and active.

I hope you are feeling a little better today too.

...to the stars and back...

Zoe Heart

Thanks @oceangirl

Apologies for the other day I was extremely emotional due to my hormones and I guess I still grieve my last boy even though this one is my baby too.  

Have they got your dog on any medication like steroids or anything?  

I actually feed my current boy a lot of stuff on the cancer diet as a preventative thing and it just goes to show about dry dog biscuits. Our first boy we fed mainly home cooked meals and dry biscuits made up 20% of his diet and he lived to 10 when he got cancer too.  Unfortunately cancer is previlent in german shepherds but 10 was a reasonable age, then when we got our 2nd boy that died at 4 we were incouraged by breeders and vets to feed dry dog biscuits and can as it had more vitamins etc but I feel now that was the wrong decision so this current boy who is 5 I feed mainly home cooked and raw food and he maybe gets 25% of his diet as dry biscuits.  Not sure which one you use, I know black hawk is good but recently my pet shop got ivory coat which I believe has had lots of good reviews and I think even by choice so I keep him on those.  I do give him grains but I cook them ie brown and white rice, pasta white and brown and home made polenta, oats and millet. 

Let us know progress on Trouble and give him a big hug from me! HeartSmiley Happy

All good @Change123 , no need to apologize at all but thank you..

I do understand your loss and I truly feel for you. I think its important to think of the good memories you have of your dog. Trouble is a girl, my staffy is full of beans. 

I don't really take that much notice of how much dry food Kira eats it would not be much- it would be only be about 15% of her diet or less. 

Is your five year old dog a German Shepherd too? The dry food is advance pet food. Trouble seems to like it, I think its because she does not get it very often though. I gave Kira handful of biscuits tonight after her dinner- I cooked up cottage pie for her yum yum.

I also give her boiled eggs, salmon,grilled fish,beef,lamb, chicken, rice, pasta, veggies and oats. She has quite a good diet. She is almost 10 and half years old in Dec she will be 11 years old. 

I think she is doing well and I try to do my best to make sure she is taken care of properly. Whats the name of your dog??

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance