Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Challenge of the day!

Great idea @Teej 😊

4B325B9B-63DE-4046-BBA8-46FC6B715D1B.jpeg

this was taken just now. 

There are some really great sky photos here - well done everyone

Do we have sky photos today or is there a different challenge

I have a great photo I took this morning - I have it in my phone - let's see if I can transfer it and it's worth seeing because - wow

Dec

Okay - I took a bunch of shots of this but it's harder taking the pics of the planets when they are overhead because I need to move the camera but here they are

The planet at the top is Jupiter and the smaller ones together are Mars and Saturn - with the clear autumn skies in the morning I have been taken pictures of these planets moving across the sky most day - I have posted some of them on Dec's Guide to the night sky but hey - let's celebrate everything we can - right

What a pity I moved - this hardly ever happensWhat a pity I moved - this hardly ever happens

IMG_1176.JPGIMG_5113.JPGHi, I took these years ago ..but ..well 

1912F6A3-32C1-42DA-942B-54491512218D.gif

you guys are awesome. It put a huge smile on my face this morning to see the new additions. 
@Ant7 I can actually imagine what that sunrise would have looked like. The colours look amazing with the lights and then the natural colours of the sky changing from night to day. So glad I picked a challenge that you had one prepared earlier for 😄
@Lee82 That must have been an amazing moment when you captured that lightning strike. I've never got one yet. 
@Appleblossom just cool to see you. I giggled at your post. Loved the two pianos comment. 
join if if and when you want. This is only a daily challenge for those that want one.

@BlueBay That is a great photo too. It was good to see you join in. 
@TAB , @Owlunar  waiting for your images to appear. 

I know some of my challenges won't suit everyone so just join in if you feel like it. 

Todays challenge is a jump to the left. It's another go outside one. 
Go outside as many times as you want and find a weed in your garden or pot plant or verge. Pull at least one out and post about it in any way you want. You can do it a few times and get a few weeds or go out and find a different kind of weed each time you do. If you don't have you can describe the ones you have most of in your area. 

Extra challenge for anyone interested. See if you can identify your weed by looking it up on the net. 

* note please just take a photo of your weed not your garden. 

Happy hunting! (For me it's not so much of a hunt, there's a reasonable amount growing in my yard 😳😜

hello @Teej@TAB@Owlunar@BlueBay@Appleblossom 

this is actually a weed 

eveyone usually calls it "Dunny Flowers" as they love growing in drains and outside tolets and bathrooms 

dunny flower.jpg

I hadn't heard 'dunny flowers' before @Shaz51. I can't see the pic yet but definately will see what a dunny flower weed looks like. 

@TAB those sunsets were awesome. We had one like that a few years ago too. I love that cloud formation. 

@Owlunar  It's pretty incredible to think you can take a photo of three planets at once. Very 😎

Here is my effort for today. Maybe later I'll try to identify them. They are the different kinds of weeds I'm growing at the moment. I'm sure I'll find other kinds later. And no I didn't weed 🥴but did the challenge to get me outdoors, off my computer and to take notice of things in my yard. I also only had about a 50% rate of getting the roots out. The weeds came from pot plants, the lawn and garden areas .
C7D069CA-3C4A-4B1E-84DC-61CABF8DA670.jpeg

F211B72E-2E85-4138-B813-2BCDD21B0177.jpeg

49453C01-326E-4627-A11F-034D1B478C51.jpeg

Former-Member
Not applicable

Former-Member
Not applicable

image.jpg

Taken just now. 

@Teej  I don’t know what these weeds are called, but there are lots of them here.

6EB49D5E-7DB5-42E3-B711-51DC968F6207.jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance