Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Art THerpay

" cool off" with a "slow swim"

" cool off" with a "slow swim"
Last colouring book was Art Deco...
I like good Art Deco.... Something about is always a cool look if done well...

Thanks @grubbytoes i find them great especially after i get home from gym and ned to relax & not turn tv or laptop on

When i finish 1 i will try & upload to tis Forum it is very hard to stay concentrated so wil take a bit about half way through

@Pulch Hey, guess what! I found the "gifts of imperfction" book in the e-book collection for my local library. Yaay. I just flicked through it now, and reading the chapter headings I think this book is definitely my thing. I think I will get a lot out of this book.

So thanks for the tip off!

Charli
Senior Contributor

I thought I'd share one of my first enlightenment paintings with you - it still reflects all my facets but I'm more in the green zone these days.
Now if I can just figure out how to upload it....!

HI there, at therapy is the best when talk therapy isn't working or even to work together.
The science behind it is, if your trauma was pre verbal(baby), or even in the womb you won't have the brain connection to make sense or words around it. Not to freak you out but once you do draw your fears that look strange etc then you start talking it through which gives your brain new connections /networks which means you can process better what happened. The benefits are integrating that part of yourself so it's not exiled, and bringing forward a new understanding to your life.
Psychoanalysts are the best with this because of Jungian analysis etc. I had a lovely at therapist (spiritual guide) and she was amazing to get me to even draw and have joy from it -but she didn't have the capacity to deal with deeper meanings at all

Yes, art therapy fills the gap where your verbal brain can't express what is lying in your unconscious. I've taken my art work to my therapist a few times and its really helped pull apart stuck yuck feelings , is depression is for me a picture of me walking in a circle wading in a tub of thick black goo holding my head with one hand and wading with the other, its in a black room with a light shining in the corner.at least there was a light somewhere there but we also realised I'm trying to solve my issues with my head (ruminating) and not my heart or body. Really important to fi d so done qualified to talk through deeper issues. 

But to even draw it I had a wonderful teacher who was completely devoid of judgement, which helped immensely, and still does.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance