Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here 🙂

Hi @Nancymiller ,

Be self employed can be stressful on its own, but i not sure if its rated as a mental illness.

I did the DAS42 test with my GPrecently because i thought my problem was anxiety but turned out that the test said it was more depression and stress rather than my thoughts.

While these tests may not be 100 % they can be a guide.

Maybe get your GP to do one if you have not.

Family can be difficult , but as my GP said nobody has a clue what depression is like until it happens to them.

I should know as i am 70 now and never had antidepressants before but do now.

Hope you get the best help soon.

Hi @Nancymiller ,

I'm am glad you have wandered your way here. It's great to have you join us!

Having a business can be very stressful. I'm not sure of your business, but I know COVID has made it stressful for many business owners. Not to mention have to think about your work 24/7. I know what it's like to have a business - sales, invoices, receipts, purchase orders, tax, customers, complaints..... the list goes on.

I will also send you a check-in email.

tyme

Hi l am new on here today, l am a shy kinda person till l get to know someone, kind hearted, emotional. Like gardening, music.

Hey @angeleyes welcome to the forums! I’m a bit like you in that I’m shy at first too, but this is a safe and friendly space 🙂

I also like gardening, what kind of gardening do you enjoy?

Hi I’m an student who has come to realise that I put a lot of pressure on myself to be well. If I do not take care of myself or eat something not healthy I tend to feel guilty. I have depression and am also a daughter of a schizophrenic lady. Sometimes this is hard to handle as she gets delusion now and then. Especially when they are things that have not happened but I know that at these times she is unwell. Thanks for listening bear21

Welcome @Bear21 ,

It sounds tough when you are studying and have the added pressures of MH.

Is your place of study able to link you in with supports to help you through your study?

I hope you find these forums beneficial and you read of the experiences of others and perhaps share your own story.

Welcome, tyme

Please dont feel guilty now, i am suffering from depression and dont eat as healthy as i should, its part of the illness, feeling guilty is what the enemy wants us to do.

I am sure your mum is proud of you, study as best you can , i wish now that i had studied more, because i believe work is good medicine.

i hope you getting plenty love. xxxx

Hi. I am here for support from people I hope will understand.  I have had a longstanding diagnosis of depression but just coming to realise I also likely have BPD. Said to my psychiatrist today who responded "I thought that from early on but the depression was the priority." Hoping to get some therapy and stop letting this illness effect so much of my life

Hi there @NL1979 

Welcome to the SANE forums! I'm Hanami and I'm one of the Peer Support Workers here. 

I know you will find lots of connections and support here on the forums. If you would like one on one support at any stage, I'd like to point you to the SANE drop-in counselling service, which is free and anonymous for anyone with a lived experience of mental health, as well as their friends and family. The service is open 10am-10pm Mon-Fri and the number is: 1800 187 263.

As for your suspected BPD diagnosis, I'm wondering if this might be of help. Project Air have lots of great resources and I would say one of the leading voices on BPD research. I'll also tag @BPDSurvivor who may have some words of wisdom.

If you need a hand with navigating the forums you can always tag a moderator, like this @moderator.

Sending warmest welcoming wishes

Hanami

Hi there mate.

You are with friends here, i am in my 70s and never needed medication before and never understood mental illness or depression , but now i do, its something one doesnt understand until we have it, 

Even my GP said she never had it and doesnt want it.

The best thing is love and understanding, i am sure you will get that along the way.

God Bless.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance