Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Consuming

@Hydro  "I find myself going for long aimless drives trying to get away from memories and myself, but always futile.

And that's the part that needs to be recognised, what happens and happened haunts you, follows you and leaves you with no respite."

Indeed, it just continues to compound, as there is no escaping it. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @0space0, I'm so sorry that life circumstances have been overwhelming for you lately. For you to be feeling this way tells me that you're going through so much. Sitting here with you and sending love Heart

It really resonates with me what @TideisTurning said about how when we might struggle to reach out the most, is when we likely actually need the support the most. I'm glad you did try reaching out to a crisis service and multiple other people, but I'm really sorry to hear that the person who spoke to you on the crisis line was condescending. Everyone calling a crisis line should be spoken to with genuine care and empathy; I hope that if you call again you'll have a better experience. 

I know how you feel about small life tasks feeling like massive achievements- when I'm experiencing my lowest of lows, doing basic things like having a shower make me feel accomplished. Also when I manage to do some cleaning, that tends to make my headspace feel better- it's like it removes a physical reminder of my stress and struggle if there was clutter or dishes that had built up. 

I'm glad to hear you have the support of a counsellor in navigating things.

Take good care Heart

Thank you @Former-Member. Sincerely, thank you, everyone!

I know what you mean about "cleaning, that tends to make my headspace feel better- it's like it removes a physical reminder of my stress and struggle if there was clutter or dishes that had built up"

I feel exactly the same. Though I've recently moved (November), I have many boxes yet to be unpacked (shift from a large house to a small house) struggling to find the space to fit it all. My biggest issue is finding the energy and drive to actually clean/do anything. The impending 1st inspection fast approaching I am dreading getting things tidied/cleaned up for it - on top of everything else. I know I know, one box at a time... I just have a nasty habit of biting off more than I can chew, and then getting myself overworked and overwhelmed and then wondering why I crashed?! 

Day 4 of taking Anti's and third night of taking the sleeping. 

Feeling a lot better within myself on a whole. 

Though I do want to ask; although I have been waking refreshed, I have had issues with staying asleep, still waking 2-3 times a night, and now very strange dreams. Today, however, as the day is progressing, I am feeling more and more sluggish, wanting to just crawl into bed and sleep the rest of the day. Anyone else feel like this after only a few days of new meds?

Thanks again everyone for all your support. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance