Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Alcoholic

Hello @Chris222 

I only became aware of your initial post on this thread last night, so I am sorry not to have picked up and responded to your messages sooner. I have left some notes, that might also be useful for you, on corresponding with other members, in a response that I posted to @Danm above. If you use those notes to assist with communicationg in the forum, you will be able to alert other members to your messages and know when they have responded to you.

Initially, it does take a while to get used to the way that the forum works. It certainly took me a while to work out how to get around when I returned in February this year, after first joining in 2015.

It is my wish that we will be able to talk with you about the issues that you are facing. I do understand that, while consuming alcoholic drinks has a positive side, as time goes by, other issues tend to develop. By the time we recognise those issues as being counter-productive and in some respects maladaptive, we also become aware of how much we have become increasingly and worryingly dependent on it in our lives. It is not normally the alcohol that we may become concerned with, but the developing dependence that we recognise and at times fear.

@Chris222, I hope that you will receive this message and be able to establish a positive and productive correspondence with other members and me, on the forum. I likewise hope that  @Danm will connect also. I am aware that @Owen45 has been active on the forum for a while, and notice and acknowledge @Shaz51 and @AussieRecharger for their messages as long standing members.

With My Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance