Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Re: Teen ptsd

of course you can ask @Lumi ask as many questions as you like. only to happy to share what I can with you.

On my dark days, sometimes it depends. there are some days where im overly tired but for no good reason. its a different sort of tired to having a bad night, its almost like your souls tired so you don't have the energy to communicate, be around others etc. There are some days though that I wish I had someone who was there for me to listen or to just keep me company.
When I was having a down day before my nan passed away (I normally wouldn't tell her) but I would ask if she wanted to watch a favourite movie or tv show that we shared. Maybe if your noticing your daughter have a bad day you could ask her if she would like to watch a movie with you or if she has other interested like baking or cake decorating you could see if she might like to do that. hope this helps abit…

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to discuss some test results I have. they don't look overly good on paper especially since the radiologist has suggested I get another urgent mri scan done but hopefully that's just a precaution thing. ive got to chat to my gp about it, hopefully ill get some more answers then

That must be a very hard appointment to have to wait for, I’m so sorry. As you say, I’m sure they are taking all the right precautions with the scan. It’s good to know they are looking in to it so thoroughly for you, and I’ll cross everything that you’ll get some positive news! Thank you for your candid replies, I’m sorry you, or anyone ever has to feel that way. Your advice is very helpful, it sounds like you and your Nan had a great connection- hopefully I can be there for my daughter in the same way 😊

it is quite difficult but thankfully its in the morning so ive only got to get through tonight @Lumi

your most welcome, im happy to help out in anyway that I can so please ask as many questions as you need

my nan and I were like best friends, I was lucky to have a good relationship like that. im sure your doing the very best you can with your daughter. it can be hard to know what to do especially if we don't experience mental health challenges ourselves.

It is hard! She’s going through something I haven’t experienced myself. The last thing I want to do is make her feel any worse, but I guess my best will have to do!
Hang in there tonight. Will be thinking of you tomorrow, and hoping you get a positive outcome from your appointment. Best get the kids off to bed xx

your doing the best you can @Lumi its a learning process and one that im happy to help you with if you ever need.
it was nice meeting you! I hope you sleep well

Thank you so much, I really do appreciate it. I hope you can get some rest tonight as well x

thank you Heart @Lumi

@outlander Was thinking of you today; hope it went well?

Hey @Lumi
Unfortunately it hasnt gone to well today

How are you going?

I’m so sorry to hear that. I hope you’re coping ok, and taking care of yourself as best you can right now. I’m sorry, I’m not sure the right thing to say, but wanted you to know I was thinking of you x
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance