Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday// Living with Bipolar // Tuesday 26th March 2024 5:30-7PM AEDT

It would be AWESOME if they could see inside our brains and just yank out the bipolar bit.

@Bridge1 

Re: Topic Tuesday// Living with Bipolar // Tuesday 26th March 2024 5:30-7PM AEDT

Now onto the last question of our discussion tonight!

Do you have any tips for loved ones of someone living with bipolar? 

@EdwardBlossom 

Totaaly feel you on roller coasters not always necessarily being a good time @EdwardBlossom

Q: Do you have any tips for loved ones of someone living with bipolar? 

The key things I would recommend would be:

• Try not to take mood changes personally (I know it can be hard to do this)
  • Arm yourself with knowledge – read, read, read as much as you can about bipolar disorder
  • Looking after yourself is super important. It’s okay to want time away from your loved one.
  • Advocate for you – relationships need to be respectful both ways
  • It can help to talk to other people who live with/love someone with bipolar disorder, for example a carers support group

Hello @EdwardBlossom , @amber22 , @TideisTurning , @Captain24 , @Bridge1 

My husband has had lots of diagnosis including bipolar and now ASD to add to the list 

As we start to wrap up tonight’s discussion, I would like to thank everyone who joined us for this discussion this evening, and those who have been reading along for your contributions, being here and sharing this space with us 😊

Thank you @EdwardBlossom for sharing your experiences, knowledge and tips with us, and some great resources too! Another big thank you to @TideisTurning for joining us tonight as well!  

If you’d like to give some input for our Topic Tuesday events, please feel free to provide feedback in this optional survey for us to improve your experience with Topic Tuesday events: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=-dtpS9ZDL0Ov4LGmU8tQHrHkZ0QHzr1GtULYkv4iG8VUOTBF... 

If you would like to keep the discussion going after this evening or if you have any other questions on this topic, we will be keeping this thread open for the next couple of days. 

Thank you again everyone and have a great rest of your night! ❤️

Thanks @amber22 and a massive thanks to @EdwardBlossom for joining us to share your knowledge and experiences + @Shaz51 @Captain24 @Bridge1 for your contributions this evening 

Thank you @amber22 , @EdwardBlossom , @TideisTurning 

Sorry I am late 

And I thought daylight savings ended

Easily done @Shaz51! We're almost at daylight savings time- another couple of weeks yet.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance