Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // LGBTQIA+ & Mental Health // Tues 29th September, 7-8:30PM AEST

Welcome wonderful @outlander ๐Ÿ™‚

@eth Love it! Yes getting it wrong is okay. It's all in the learning and patience of one another. 

Re: Topic Tuesday // LGBTQIA+ & Mental Health // Tues 29th September, 7-8:30PM AEST

@Former-Member  perhaps you would consider starting a LBGTI thread? you could call it something like LBGTI chat thread or something similar or im happy to start it for you and tag those who might be interested to get the ball rolling

I am so sorry all we are very close to wrapping (in about ten mins!)

So I want to quickly throw out our final question tonight Smiley Very Happy

@outlander @eth @Former-Member @NatureLover @Adge and others...

For those who are affected by LGBTQIA+ issues or are caring for someone affected, what are some options for support?

@Fluttershy1 wrote:

@Jynx - I just keep to myself about it. 
I don't really open up about it that much. 

Sorry I missed this earlier but stick around we'll be chucking up some resources near the end. I hope this changes for you one day and you get to be unapologetically you. Heart

Also welcome @outlander! Good to have you here Smiley Very Happy

@Jynx  and everyone,

Definetly don't want to focus on one bad egg but just remembered it now...I ended up somehow getting into an argument w a cis gay man because he felt marriage equality wasn't "as important an issue" to bi/pansexuals as they have a "choice of who they marry" which...just mindblown...as if I would ever go ok well I do love this person but screw it, straight wedding seems easier, who's available..

Mergh.

@outlander and @Former-Member this is a brilliant idea. This can happen whenever you want too! Cannot wait to see what you both come up with if you do go ahead, please tag me and I will jump in as well ๐Ÿ™‚ Lovely

Would recommend LGBTQIA+, I learnt today (thanks to our wonderful @Jynx who educated me) that is the most inclusive acronym Smiley Very Happy

@Former-Member  you might not see this til tomorrow, but please reach out to me any time.  I'm not on the forums every day but will always reply if you tag me somewhere.  Happy to support you in any way I can.

@outlander  Hi!!!

I feel uncomfortable about the autism - gender discussion. There are a lot of things 'I don't get'. 
@Jynx I hate labels and would like people to accept me as I am, questioning why I have to adapt, but I like boxes even if I struggle to put myself in one. I'm learning that there are things outside boxes, not only black & white, not only straight lines... life doesn't really work for me if I can't put it into an equation, but I'm learning.

For those who are affected by LGBTQIA+ issues or are caring for someone affected, what are some options for support?

In my experience, the best way to find support is to find community. There's heaps of groups on facebook if you're comfortable with that platform, and sounds like we might be getting a sweet little spot of our own right here on the forums.

Remember you're not alone!! 

thanks @nashy @Jynx
i identify as Female, but i honestly dont think i need a 'label' as to what my sexuality is. i also dont like to judge others for what they might be either as everyone is different. That seems to be a big part of mental health-unacceptance- if we all just accepted each other and out differences then the world would be much better i think

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance