Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // How do you support yourself through the festive season // Tues 11 Dec, 7pm AEDT

@Dave1977

Dave, yes there is a lot of not just family pressure but also societal and cultural pressure, isn't there?

Re: Topic Tuesday // How do you support yourself through the festive season // Tues 11 Dec, 7pm AEDT

@Robert_Lifeline I totally agree with face mask snd pretending yo be ok. 

Wow @Jumpingcactus thank you for sharing. @Robert_Lifeline and the team do some great work Heart I am so glad you had this experience when you were in need 🙂

@Robert_Lifeline. I only want to answer - how I am doing mentally,  once.  They can then pass the message on. 

@Jumpingcactus

I am so glad to hear that 🙂

@utopiathat is the same with mr shaz  ----- Crowds make me anxious.  Even if I know the people. 

so he would rather not go at all @nashy, @Robert_Lifeline

I can really relate to this! I’ll be at my Sister’s house on Xmas day with my whole immediate family of 15 people. Even though I know everyone, just thinking about it makes me break into a cold sweat!

Thsts so good @Jumpingcactus

I had a god experience too with lifeline two years sgo. Amazing people on the other end of the phone. 

@Robert_Lifeline

@utopia

Yes, that would be good! 🙂

Alright all we are kind of beginning to jump into the terrain of the next question already 😄 Heart

Christmas crackers, party hats and light-hearted conversation isn’t necessarily the most honest depiction of the festive season. For some, these social gathering’s can be filled with awkward encounters that have you pining for the exit!  

in-laws-christmas-1.gif

During this time of year there tend to be a few social gatherings with family and friends, what can/do you do to cope if these can cause some difficulties for you? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance