Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: why can't I cope longer?

Hello @outlander 💗
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hate the blues, don't have enough friends for it to drive away the few of you left 😭 Oh dear ...

@Former-Member 

Heart

Glad you have connected a little in real life.  Someone dropping by is great.

Smiley Happy

When I first joined the forum I was pretty isolated.  Since then I have more support to help me stay alive between the very rare drop ins by friends ...

Posting on here became a way of life.  Mental health activism is a passion of mine and I gradually learned what was working for others and started to get better services.  Over the years, nearly 4, real friendships have developed here online.  I was a community guide for a while and definitely took a role of welcoming new people ... and trying to help ... now I relax from that ... dont feel it as a duty to be across it all ... and just post as I feel ... it has been good that the level of my continual distress has reduced although there have been crises I never would have believed ... still I am here and have more laughs in my life than I ever had ... 

Take Care re winter ... I hibernated for a while about 12  years.  I certainly have passed a few days cuddlled up with my pets ... I am more active now ... but still need plenty of rest ...

Cheers @Former-Member 

Smiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

hello friends.jpeg

@Zoe7  @Appleblossom  @@

Thinking of you...

Hi @
Zoe7, U made it to the hols 🎉
PartyTime 🎈 Will you be going away? 🏕
I clucked around in my van today - feeling closer to getting away, couple more weeks probably.with the leg.
Do you ever get reallynervous for no reason? that physical internal shaking?  And holding jaw tight? CantCaconnectbit to anyrhing, accept maybe coming off stronfvpwin meds. Hope  it's not the start of a panic attack or something.

Gruss I bettB go visit other threads, see U there 💗

Yep holidays arem here @Former-Member and it has been a great term for me. I really have felt so welcomed at this school and actually looking forward to going back after some rest over the holidays.

I do know that really nervous feeling that seems to come on for no reason - and the anxiety associated with it. There is usually a reason behind it that we just cannot identify in the moment. Hope it settles for you quickly Hon.

I love that you have been tinkering away with the van - it won't be too long before you can think about taking off in it - such adventures await and I am looking forward to hearing all about them from you.

Hey @Former-Member 

Nice to hear you "cluck" in the van ... sounds cosy ... or at least eventually cosy making.

Heart

I have lots of issues around tension ... jaw, teeth and neck and lately both knees are showing wear ... its comes with trauma and stress.  Today as I was walking and working around the zoo, I kept reminding muself to go softlt , with me.  Softly as I walk, as I move, in my hips etc. Despite learning about and practising meditation and relaxation in my 20s ... I have been over exposed ... I can only manage what I can ...

Take care Bella

My cat howls for me ... pill time

Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Aww, lovely replies thank you. Both of you have ' been there done that' with this anxiety thing, that even brang on GI rushing to toot this arvo, very out-of-the-blue... Friday's & Sat seems to be my vulnerable times so taking it easy.
Like that idea of being gentle as you walk Appleblossom... Charity starts at home... love yourself first... being your own best friend...
Gonna go find a good movie. You guys have a good weekend 💐

You have a good weekend too Hon. I'll be around a bit over the weekend so pop in and say hi and let us know how you are going @Former-Member if you can - and as always post if you need to and feel the support from us here Heart

sending you hugs @Former-Member  HeartHeart

Here for you my friend xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you @Shaz51, @Zoe7
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance