Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Self-Care with major Physical illnesses

hello @Adge

Please forgive me if I come across as abrupt ....I am not doing too well at the moment...maintaining a low profile..perhaps even a step away from the forums..

cannot even make a decision about that...

so am allowing myself to just not think too much about anything..

Public hospitals...surgeons operating within do not work in the same way as private hospitals...surgeons...

The list is so long..they are often short of beds....have long waiting lists...

I urge you to follow up yourself as draining as that is for you as you have had ill health for such a long time..

I had a test booked in the public health system...I was on a waiting list also...My private surgeon told me to ring several times to check where on the list....this I did...given different information each time...finally they put me forward as surgeon needed results before appointment..

Have all of your health history with you....regardless of the fact that it supposedly has been forwarded to the public hospital...it could be anywhere...sitting on anyone's desk...they receive so much information for so many patients...

Ring the hospital again to check that they have received it....If not physically take it in and ask if they can take copies or even make copies for them and take them in...if hospital not too far away.. get the name of the person you give them to..

Always keep a trail of who you spoke to ...date...time...sounds pedantic...trust me comes in handy when things go missing and excuses are made..

It might not make any difference in the end...you will know yourself that you have some control over the information that they need..

diarise when you last called and when to ring and check again..dependent on where you are on the list then..

good luck... frustrating I know...Heart

Hello @Sophia1, @Adge, @Mazarita, @Wanderer, @Appleblossom

more blood tests today

now they are thinking the I need to get a Bone density test done

finding it hard to get everything under control

X

X

Shaz51
Community Guide

I feel better if I just go with it and don't fight against it.-- I know what you mean @Wanderer, mr shaz tells me that too

thinking of you and walking with you today my friend Heart

Hope today was a good one @Shaz51

meadow.jpg

thank you @Wanderer

the picture looks soo lovely , feel like sitting there and enjoying it Smiley Very HappyHeart

I've been in quite a lot of pain, for about 8 days (so far).

My shoulder & neck are very painful, even though I didn't get any injury (that I'm aware of).

I had a massage 3 days ago, that helped for a short while.

Since hospital nurses said I have a "high pain tolerance" (threshhold) because of the small amount of painkillers I was taking, when in severe pain - my discomfort is not noticeable to other people, & they think I'm fine.

This is bad, & it's not going away (so far).

My local doctors are so busy, they often give me the brush-off (with no treatment).

So I'm not at all confident in getting a diagnosis or help, if I go there.

But I will go to see a Dr, if this pain doesn't ease soon.

Painkillers don't do anything for it (they don't help) - so that's saying something.

Adge

I have had ultrasound just a few hours ago.
It's still painful to drive home or anywhere.
Had cortisone injections for bursitis of shoulder.
No one knew I had bursitis of shoulder - it showed up in the ultrasound.

The cortisone injection is not a cure all.
I may need further injections in a month they said.
I would need a separate new referral from a GP to the ultrasound Dr every time.

I was starting to doubt myself so much - because of the constant intense pain, for 10 days (so far).

Adge

Hi @Adge I'm glad you have more information about what's causing the pain. I had a long running wrist problem and eventually had an ultrasound and cortisone injection. It hurt a lot. I'd heard they do but wow. Still, I'd do it again, because after months of pain and appointments, the problem resolved. It took a few weeks but hasn't come back so I've probably been a bit lucky. I hope it helps for your shoulder. Wishing you a restful night.

Thanks heaps @frog

I'm really out of it, foggy thinking - because of the exhaustion (no full night's sleep in 10 days), & excruciating pain.

I certainly do need that good night's sleep.

Sorry to hear about your on-going wrist pain for a month or so.

If it was anything like my shoulder - this has been unbearable.

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance