Skip to main content
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Riding a wave

Hi @Phoenix_Rising

I'm with you in this storm. I'm glad you know that it will pass. The strength of this storm is matched only by the strength you have in riding it out, outlasting it and defying it. I think you've found the key to it, in that you're not fighting it, you're riding it. I'm adrift at the moment too, not sure which way is up. Its nice to not be alone,

lj

Former-Member
Not applicable

im here @Phoenix_Rising

Sitting close by @Phoenix_Rising.

Content/trigger warning
Heart

{Sticks head out of shell}. It's morning and even though the sea is still a bit rough, the waves aren't nearly as huge as they were last night. Hmmm...I now appear to be floating in the middle of nowhere with @Former-Member, an elephant on a surfboard named @Former-Member, a @Former-Member, and @Former-Member the sea turtle. Er...does anybody know the way back to Forum Land? @utopia, @TheVorticon, @Faith-and-Hope, @Former-Member@NikNik...anyone else around...could someone please set off some flares or something from Forum Land so we can find our way back??? Until then, I guess I'll just float. Phew, that really was a super gigantic storm. On the bright side, hopefully spending the night getting tossed around by those giant waves got all that sand out of your shell @Former-Member. Sand in your shell is super uncomfortable!! I'm kind-of excited to discover that you are a sea turtle @Former-Member. I've never actually hung out with another sea turtle before. Smiley Very Happy Thank you for riding with me everybody. Wow, that must now be about the ten millionth four hundred and fifty-two thousandth time that I've proven the theory that this too shall pass - and my 100% success rate of surviving every day living with BPD remains intact. I'm awesome. Smiley Very Happy

ocean at sunrise.jpg

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh hi there @Phoenix_Rising, so glad the water has calmed and you are able to pop up and look around, floating sounds like a good idea, deep breaths and going with the flow for today Heart

I have found some jellyfish for brunch, you caught me mid mouthful so excuse the eating face hehe, nom nom nom, want to try some? It's quite salty....Smiley Tongue

Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 11.16.23 AM.png

Former-Member
Not applicable

p.s. you are awesome! Look at you surviving each day as it comes riding with those huge swells! That's pretty amazing! Heart

@Former-Member Mmmmmm jellyfish. I'm glad it's red. I only like red jelly...fish. Smiley Happy You are right in saying that today is a day to go with the flow. These waves are still kind-of rough although much calmer than yesterday. I am about to go and snuggle under my weighted blanket to try and settle the big feelings some more. Super big thank you for staying so close....but not too close...ok, that's too close, {accepts a super brief tinsy tiny turtle hug from @Former-Member and then swims away}. Smiley Wink

turtles.jpg

@Former-Member @Former-Member @Faith-and-Hope @utopia I think my shell has sprung a leak or something. I felt very clever because I got myself dressed and out of the house for a walk and about five minutes later I started to totally lose it. All I could think was that I had to get home because if I went into meltdown in public it would cause a whole other level of muddle. So I'm now at home crying and rocking and really really really in a pickle. Something is very wrong. Please can you come and find me out here in the ocean and ride with me?

big waves.jpg

Former-Member
Not applicable

Come join zoes am not coping thread we are having tea and coffee and hot chocolates and talking about dogs and cats and pets come over if you want @Phoenix_Rising

I'm just going to sit here and talk to myself until someone comes. I know someone will come. I know I need to slow my breathing down. I know it is ok that I'm crying and rocking. I know I'm at home now and it's ok. I know that it is a trauma thing. I know it is ok. I know it is my brain dealing with stuff. I know that I'm safe right here, right now, and all I have to do is float in the ocean. I feel scared, but that's ok, it's just a feeling. I know I need to just breathe. All I have to do now is just breathe. It's ok that I'm rocking, it's ok that I'm crying, it's ok that I'm drenched in sweat. It's all ok, all I have to do is breathe and just sit right here and wait. I can do that. I have done this lots of times before and I can do it right now. Nothing feels real and that's ok too. That's just my brain's way of dealing with an overload of big feelings. I can do this. All I have to do is breathe. That's all I have to do.