Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not okay.

hi @eclipse and @Got_the_tshirt 

how are you going? Did you get a job offer eclipse?

How is your sleep going? I'm grateful to have meds to help me sleep. Got a day off tomorrow before I have to return to work Mon so that's nice.

Hi @BryanaCamp 

Back to more "normal" levels of discomfort thanks. Evenings are usually the worst part of the day, but the other night was particularly bad - likely because I'd been a week without meds thanks to a national medication shortage :face_with_rolling_eyes:.

Have managed to get some meds now, but the shortage continues. The estimates for the resumption of normal supply started in August (estimating September) and have been progressively extended for 3 months so far and the wait continues... 🤞🤞

Thanks for asking 🙏. How are you?

@eclipse  how are you going?

Best wishes,

GTT

hi @Got_the_tshirt , what's the meds shortage, is it anti-psychotics? that must have been very difficult for you if you find them effective, how awful.

My anti-psychotics don't do much. They only just take the edge off the terror, don't lessen my psychotic symptoms. I'm glad you're back to normal levels of discomfort - yeah, I totally know what you mean. It feels like merely the less bad option for me to be on meds. Nights are relatively calm for me, it's waking up in the morning that terrifies me, I don't want to wake up & see what horrors my mind will throw at me. It's interesting, every individual is so different.

I've got lunch with friends today so that's nice. How's your weekend going? Are you working at the moment? Hope you have a good day today.

Hi @BryanaCamp 

It's an antidepressant. It's a big part of managing my condition so being without it isn't good. (There are no substitutes / alternatives for it - it's a less commonly used one but one that has worked for me after being on several others previously).

I'm sorry mornings are not kind to you - but I'm glad things generally get better through the day. The mind can be very mean. We should combine my mornings with your evenings!

My weekend has been good thanks - with some catch ups with friends. I'm not working and am unlikely tonight the near future. I tried doing 2 days a week a while ago and even that proved to be too much - depleting me back down into darker spaces - so I had to stop. Any consistent obligation, even a small one, gets overwhelming quickly. And my energy levels / stamina are nowhere near what they were before. The more I learn to adjust my approach and expectations around that (i.e. allow myself to accept my new capacity etc) the better I feel. I'd like to do something again at some stage, but it's at least a way off for now.

Hope you enjoy your lunch.

@eclipse how are you going? Hope you're ok.

Best wishes to all.

GTT

hey @Got_the_tshirt 

I'm on a non SSRI anti-depressant to help me sleep, I don't sleep without it, can't live without it. Maybe we're on the same one! in any case I'm glad you're back on yours now & it's helpful.

I can only work short, casual shifts. I've worked very hard to find a workplace with kind & supportive staff and have that now. My shifts are good for my mental health, my mood is boosted by a shift as my colleagues are kind & respectful to me.

It's nice you have friends. I struggle to establish & maintain friendships, something I'm always working on. My cat is my best friend, he's good value. It's good you're kind to yourself & have found the right lifestyle for you right now. I'm sick of being sick but like you, have to accept that I'm not like normal people & can't do what normal people do...my capacity is not very high functioning. Do you have a psychotic illness or is it purely depression?

Do you live alone? I do. Got any hobbies or activities out of the house? My main hobby is hiking - my anti-psychotics put me at high risk of obesity/diabetes as a side effect so I'm always super keen to exercie to counter that risk. I'm scared of gyms so hiking seems to be the only exercise I canmaintain long term. I also like live music, I'm off to a gig this fri which will be awesome - I love the lead singer's rage, she's amazing, I have a lot of psychotic rage so it helps to see I'm not the only woman in the world with rage.

Glad you had a nice weekend & thanks for your message, it's good talking to you.Smiley Happy

Depression with anxiety for me. 

I have family with me and sport / physical activity are my main hobbies. Exercise definitely helps me.

I hope your hobbies help you feel better 🤞.

GTT 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance