Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

ruby1109cube
Casual Contributor

NDIS and really any NDIS Provider

Don't get me wrong my Plan Manager have processed a lot of my Invoices and no way do I take that as ungrateful. It's like maybe a cube which is multifaceted.                         I had very early on in NDIS the Provider phoned me and wanted to do a safety check and sign forms. I did not have anyone else to guide me. The woman would not shut up and before she was getting into her car she tole me to expect a 3 hour bill and yes it was a Saturday $$$$$, Well my Plan Manager said they would look out for her Invoice and not pay. Phew talk about dodging bullets. My Support Coordinator found another NDIS Provider for a Support Worker. This woman was perfect and I was to find what she was doing was not professional. I knew our conversations were 2 way and I did know alot of her past and daily issues. Well not until I went into Adelaide Clinic and had an opportunity to talk more in depth with my psychiatrist that she said no that was no right. She also sent me messages she didn't keep and when I made so I thought I would cut ties with a woman that  to me feltt  like my bestfriend. I mourned her lost for 2 weeks and it was intensified because I was in hospital with covid19. I think without checking it was 4 weeks in hospital then home for 3 weeks then hospital for 2 weeks. Well I have issues with by Support Coordinator, my Plan Manager, my previous Support Workers, NDIS and I'm talking not just one department. It took 5 months to get a new Support Worker that fitted perfectly but hey early days. I feel more more I poke for people to be accountable the more I find don't. It's really a bees knees. I am fortunate at this time I sound SANE but 2 sides right. Well I find what I believe is fraudulent activity. I saw a documen my OT was showing me on a zoom video. I saw the word Saturday and thought no way. You would not believe how many times I had to kick the donkey to get it moving. So I get some Invoices which caused me to question. I go to NDIS fraud give them lots of paperwork and examples of irregulatory. How long ago 18/6/20? You fill in a form with details and you get an automated rubbish about how you WON'T be contacted. Ring them and they say send as much information as you can. Nobody phoned me or offer grief management. I've rang maybe 5 departs and I get kicked to another number. My local MP couldn't help. I hope you bother to read what is below. Activity Statements, Invoices, Case Notes, costs, how much you are paying any with NDIS Flag owing. Providers who don't tell you how expensive they are. With my second plan approved I thought I needed clarification so I had her come to me from the Northern Suburbs and my Support Coordinatate. They compare change of funding and basically I sat unable to say what I wanted. I was railroaded and even my Support Coordinator was not batting for me. So I paid $750 plus. The Support Coordinator couldn't give me information. If I showed you what OT charged me over 6 months maybe. Well what I wanted to say you need to get that paperwork and if you aren't able I really hope you have someone to assist. I have funnel vision where I am not able to consume what I see. YOU NEED TO KEEP THE BASTARDS HONEST. Firstly they may offer you Accounts and you only get one lot and it seems they expect you to know when statement. Then there was my issue I didn't feel right with NDIS Review from start to finish. She told me this call will be recorded and I thought perfect. Well when I asked for that recording to support my intentions to let my opinions well it never existed. Iwould have though it was illegal to lie but hey hey gave me 81 pages of the interview. There is no way I could digest all of that due to the way it was set out. If I had regular information from my Support Workers I would have been able to see details which were inflated hours, duplicated hours, Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays for 8 months. No One from NDIS conacted me as mentioned. Without me how is it possible for NDIS to know which day is false. Billing me for a week I was in hospital. The hours she charged in a 3 day period you would think that doesn't look right. It would appear the hours lodged are more than people working in in community. Meanwhile they continue to operate and I guess Support Worker. It can't just be an isolated case. R.I.P. Annie Smith who fell through many levels. So I'm with Disability Advocate as I need closure on manys spokes on a wheel originating from NDIS. Hey what would I know. I'm not fighting for me I want NDIS, Providers accountable. Phew!!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: NDIS and really any NDIS Provider

Hi @ruby1109cube,

Unfortunately there are a lot of unscrupulous providers and individuals out there taking advantage of us peoiple with a disability. I am assuming that you have a vision impairment as you stated that you had tunnel vision. I have has many issues with service providers and individuals and I have found Blind Citizens Australia and Guide Dogs have been of very benificial assistance. There are many changes happening with our reviews next year and unsure how this is going to affect our plans and they way NDIS treat us. I know where you are coming from and your right we need to keep them honest.

No eyesight impairment. I jus meant sometimes you can only see one path.

Yes, that is a valid way to look at how I view things. I have downsized on friends and other people. I cull what hurts.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance