Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My husband endured a few months of drug induced psychosis

Thanks @Margot 💐

@Winterz @Wanttobehappy .... it’s really important that you talk to your doctor, or at least to helplines.   They may be support group s in your area who can give you strategies for how to handle psychotic episodes, and reassure you in regards to your children.  Many families live with mental health issues in their midst, so it’s not as unusual as you might expect, but you reaching out for help for yourself and the children may result in a health professional being able to reach your partner / husband in a way that you can’t, owing to the dynamics of a partner / parenting relationship.

And please keep talking about it here.   It’s really hard living with secrets .... we tell children not to keep secrets when it’s something serious, so it is just as important for the kids to see you reaching around your husband / partner to seek help, not because you don’t love him, but because you do .....

Re: My husband endured a few months of drug induced psychosis

Thanks so much. I will look in to it...
I just realised I accidentally hijacked someone else's thread so my apologies for that.

undtRe: My husband endured a few months of drug induced psychosis

I understand how you feel. My partner gets abusive at times and so far it has caused numerous Police reports by bystanders, all of which have been directly referred on to family services and resulted in an investigation.  So I am sure you can understand my reservations about talking to someone..losing my daughter is my worst nightmare ...

Re: undtRe: My husband endured a few months of drug induced psychosis

Anyone is welcome on any thread @Winterz, so don’t worry about that.  Someone may start it, but the thread continues according to its general topic ..... so we try to stay in topic, but if the subject branches out too far, it can be worth starting a new one.

In saying that, many people do stick closely to a thread they began, or started posting on, most of the time if that is where theybare comfortable, and friendships tend to develop from that.  

It can be a strong part of the support here, walking along with others who have similar challenges and struggles.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance