Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

My Autism and depression issues

I have MDD, GAD, Autism, anger issues and I self-harm.

I have Autism and I have no offline friends. At times it makes me depressed. What makes things worse is that I can't handle any type of work (including volunteer work) and I don't go to a youth center.

I have been depressed for a while now, for at least 2 years. At times I feel really excited and happy and other times I feel depressed. Sometimes I feel so sad, I cry. I wish I could stop feeling depressed.

Most of my depression I feel is due to Covid 19 issues. It has affected my mental health in the worst way possible. Currently, I have been trying to avoid talk of Covid 19 but it's in the news 24/7, every add break there it is, people talk about it everywhere I go, most people put it in a positive light (IE do your part, we are all in this together) and QR codes are everywhere.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: My Autism and depression issues

Thanks for sharing, I can identify.  My depression, anxiety and social isolation is at all time high during this Covid 19 lockdowns and restrictions. Hopefully "Freedom Day" tommorrow will ease the burden a little:  hopefully back to work soon, back to mental health support groups, back to church. Hopefully....

Re: My Autism and depression issues

I definitely see where you are coming from @Former-Member .

I guess media need to be more considerate of people with disability.

Do you see a psychologist, or have any support workers who can connect you with services/groups? In my local area, the council run many activities for the community (on hold at the moment). These include walking groups, dancing, art, walking football, candle making, paper flower making, cooking classes etc. These are either free or at low cost. Perhaps this is something you can look at?

Usually libraries have a lot of information.

I am glad you are able to connect with us here. To be honest, I don't think I have any offline friends too! I'm not very good at making friends because I have trust issues and I get anxious. But I'm working through this with my psychologist.

Speak soon, BPDSurvivor

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance