Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Islands

Very true @creative_writer  - food and sleep 🙂

I had pasta for dinner.

I read you made halva! That's pretty cool. I didn't think you could make it at home. I'll look it up later.

@tyme, I helped my mum make it. It was made with semolina, olive oil, sugar and milk. It’s not too difficult to make, it does require quite a bit of stirring

@tyme, pasta sounds good too. Do you cook much?

Never @creative_writer - I don't cook. I live on my own so I don't bother.

@tyme, ohhh, I see. I don’t mind cooking, but my cooking skills are limited so I also eat what my parents make too. Probably should learn a bit more before I move out. Cleaning is the not fun part, you know how many dishes get dirty after cooking?

Yes I do know how many dishes get dirty! @creative_writer - not to mention the stove, oven, splashbacks!

So I'm torn between: Do i use disposable foil, baking paper etc and produce more waste, or do I spend more time cleaning?

In the end, i opted out of cooking altogether. My sister cooks and I pay for the meals (meal kit). Then I clean the stoves. The dishwasher cleans the dishes.

@tyme, but rinsing and putting in dishes in the dishwasher takes effort too.

This is off topic. I grew up in a conservative household so discussing MH with outsiders felt foreign. I know not talking about it can have neg outcomes. My uncle (who I wasn’t close to) was probably bipolar and passed away young when his physical health deteriorated. I know my MH has affected my physical health (in terms of pain and I want to age healthly), how do I start feeling comfortable and okay with talking about things?

Hey @Kyle1 ,

I've been thinking about you a fair bit. Do you think speaking to someone from Griefline would help? 

Griefline 1300 845 745 https://griefline.org.au/

I hear you have been hurt, and it seems like there's an element of shame in that you 'allowed' it? I want you to know that we are hearing you. I acknowledge this is so hard right now. Know that we are sitting with you.

Kyle1
Senior Contributor

thank you @creative_writer 

thank you. 

Kyle1
Senior Contributor

thank you @tyme it probably couldn't hurt to try calling griefline... 

Thanks

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance