Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Sasasahara
New Contributor

I'm new her and recently got a new Diagnosis

Was diagnosed on Tuesday with Chronic Complex PTSD. With that and depression nd anxiety I'm confued, I always though PTSD was for really bad stuff, and while I've had a few messed up things happen to me, just don't understand my diagnosis. I know I do have a habit of downplaying my past problems and maybe the psychiatrist saw past that. But yeah I dunno. Plus new meds to go with it that I'm nervous about as well. Sorry just confused.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: I'm new her and recently got a new Diagnosis

@Sasasahara  Welcome to the forums.

A new diagnosis is always difficult to come to terms with. Give yourself a bit of time to let the dust settle. Plus new meds, they also take time to adjust to.

Your psych sounds like he/ she is listening to you. It’s not uncommon to downplay problems in our past, it’s a way of coping.

I have personally found taking things slowly, if you can. Unwinding some tangles get tricky.

A forum tip, the @ brings a dropdown, click on a name you can to tag, that way, we know to reply.

A few threads you might find helpful.

Good Morning 

Good Afternoon - Afternoon Tea 

Daily goals, motivation and check in 

The safe room- somewhere to just come and sit.... offload... feel supported 

Re: I'm new her and recently got a new Diagnosis

@Sasasahara nice to meet you.

Is that a baby yoda in your picture ?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance