Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I don’t know what to call this

Glad to hear that you have had some clear moments today @Former-Member, that's a good positive! All good today, just trying to stay warm!

Good on you @Former-Member
I'm glad you are a bit better today. I'm not too bad thanks. Just been staying warm lately. It's getting cold.
Went to gym today too

Hello @MDT @Ali11 @Teej 

staying warm is definitely getting more and more difficult.

I'm feeling pretty spaced out this morning, but have to get out of the house.

Take care x

hi @Former-Member I'm glad you're feeling a bit better since you started the thread.

I was a bit shy to reply as I don't have experience in gender identity but just wanted to offer my general support with your struggles. I do have complex and debilitating mental health issues and a complex trauma background. I know how difficult and debilitating these factors alone can be, sometimes it's been a matter of dealing with constant symptoms and getting by day by day, sometimes it's felt like constantly being in crisis. I know that can take up a lot of therapy time and not leave any room to discuss deeper issues. I hope you like & trust your therapist, that can be hard to find.

It sounds like you have a loving family, with a partner, kids & grandkids. I'm sure they all love you regardless of your identity fluidity as love is constant. The only kind of identity change I've undergone is three career changes, and as a lot of society defines you by your job it was quite an upheaval each time in the way people perceived me. A lot of people wanted to know, "why, why why?" and that stressed me as I never felt like giving answers becuase i'd have to dig too deep into pain to explain my choices to change. But my family, especially my aunts, always stuck by me and didn't need any questions or answers. They always accepted me & cared for me in a constant way, they always saw me as their beloved neice not this or that vocation, as I changed careers.

It's easy to doubt people's loyalty when we're mentally unwell. I read a lot into people's reactions to me & often worry I'm not accepted or liked becasue my mother always told me, "people won't ever like you they just spend time with you to get what they want out of you". But that is just baggage from the past and mental illness paranoia when it crops up these days in my relationships.

I hope you will feel more secure in your supports with time.

Are there any local services or groups for gender identity that may help you?

Beautiful post @BryanaCamp Heart Glad you're feeling better as well @Former-Member, it has become cold quite quickly, hasn't it?

@BryanaCamp @Ali11 

I'm feeling too unwell tonight to write. I will write back another day. Sorry.

No need to be sorry @Former-Member, do what feels right for you and take care of yourself. The forums aren't going anywhere and when you feel up to it you'll always be welcome here. Sending love Heart 

Take care of yourself @Former-Member 

Hi @Gazza75 

how are you?

Hi @Former-Member , I'm doing really well thankyou for asking.  It's a nice sunny day today and i've managed to sneak out and enjoy a bit of it.  I'm at work right now so I don't always get the chance.  

How are you? Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance