Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

JayL
Contributor

Going to sleep as an escape

Just wanting to get things off my chest. Been finding it difficult lately. 

Changed jobs which has put me in a more challenging and stressful environment. Wanting to push myself while I'm still young but I do worry a lot about work. Lots of fears and insecurities. Imposter syndrome of sorts. Used to be quite enjoy and love what I do but I guess the day in day out repetition has dampened my passion for it. Waking up to go to work and not calling in to take days off has been a challenge in itself. I tell myself once I last through the day I can reward myself, curl into a ball and lay in bed at the end of the day. 

Keep changing my mind between not caring what other people think to concerned about negative thoughts people might have about me. 

I don't cry and have serious panic attacks as often. I've also reduced my medication which is good. Hasn't been easy or smooth. 

It's a battle between appreciating what I have and being grateful for being alive. But at the same time, naively and unrealistically would like an easy solution for stress and worries to go away. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Going to sleep as an escape

@JayL  Welcome to the forums.

Its hard pushing through the tough times. 

You said you have reduced your meds recently, I presume from that, you are seeing a therapist. Would it be possible to discuss with them, how you are feeling at the moment. Sometimes, these feelings don’t go away, or might become worse.

There are many of us here who understand what you are going through.

I will add a few threads that might help with getting to know a few others on the forums.

Good Morning 

Good Afternoon - Afternoon Tea 

Daily goals, motivation and check in 

You are welcome to join any conversations.

I hope to see you around. Take care.

Re: Going to sleep as an escape

Hi there @JayL
I resonate with ma y themes in your post.
Welcome to the forum

I hope to see you around
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance