Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

AutumnRain
Casual Contributor

Does it ever get better?

It has been so many weeks now fighting not to self harm and suicide every single day. Every single day! ! Please tell me that the overwhelming urges go away, that i wont sob my heart out in the shower every night. Please?????

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Does it ever get better?

Hi @AutumnRain - it's Scout here

Wow, has it been weeks you've been struggling? I gotta say, that must be so tough, and even though it might not feel like it, it is such an achievement to not SH for such a long time.

If people have relied on a certain strategy to deal with overwhelming emotions then it takes a lot of practice to adjust or change direction. Like all habits, bad or not, they are hard to break as we rely on them. Can you think of your other strategies that might help reduce your urges? 

Re: Does it ever get better?

Hi Scout. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it. I have been aggressively proactive in seeking help. I now have a suicide safety plan but i must admit the only things that are working right now are medication and talking to someone. I'm sure the helplines are absolutely sick of me by now. I'm still searching for a psychiatrist and my psychologist doesnt want to treat me atm cause I'm too unstable but i am waiting to hear from a counselling centre at my uni so that should help. Its just that the urges are sooooo strong. It took me 5 hours the other night to calm down enough to not do something stupid. I was doing well yesterday til about 4pm and then had to ring a helpline. I just dont want this life if this is what i have to deal with every day
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance