Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Checking In

@Appleblossom wrote:

Ciao Nonna! @BlueBay 

Smiley Happy

@MDT I always find your soul searching very sensible, natural and normal.

Smiley Happy

@oceangirl Yes it is good to have a sounding board on here with forum members.  Its a big reality testing for me to see how long it takes to evolve.  Its not an overnight thing, or even a 10 week term thing, where the 'goodies' are obvious straight away etc ... social support seems to take a long time for all of us.  Feeling out our relationships, feeling out our personal strengths and weaknesses, and who we click with.

Glad you found gym good.  Are you still at the sanctuary?

Smiley Happy

I am doing alright. My son seems to be turning a corner for the good. 

Heart

I think I am finally coming to a sense of what happened in my family and why, and also what aspects of my personality get me into trouble.  I figured out I have been stuck in 6 year old little helper/ people pleaser mode. I needed to develop a few more sides to me, to round out my personality more.  Also learning not be too worried about what others think and keep moving forward.  I am getting down to the beach and to the river more often these days....

@Appleblossom Hi my sister... It is lovely to hear from you. Making connections are important for our wellbeing and also I think it reduces our stress level too. I generally get a good feel for people and have a good judge of character but I think its important to keep an open mind. It shows compassion. 

You seem to be in a better place and you seem more happier. Glad to hear your son is doing well. Yes we can listen to others and their opinions but at the end of the day it is your life. But of course others can see things in us that we can't see of ourselves and its not always negative but sometimes a gift. I think when its coming from a place of love and caring it is different then someone being negative and critical. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff and to spend our days worrying what others think of us.

Its finding stratgies that work for you and focusing your energy into the things that are important to you- like spending time down at the river and beach. Its creating the life that you want and having others who can help you invision a brighter future. Small changes lead to success. You're strong and kind person and sometimes you have to say no to others so that you can say yes to yourself. Keep letting go and moving forward my sister. Talk to you soon

Hey @oceangirl
I think you're right about that part in the second part of your post

Yes I am working from home. I hate it. But I have no choice.

I'm trying my best to keep a sound mind.

There are so many things that try to get my attention.

Uni, work,, intern....

Then there are other things too like when do I find a job that's right for me, when do I get to have my own place to live, how long til I can get married too, when will lockdiwn end, when will I get to travel again...... all such things.

At the moment i have more questions than answers

Maybe this is a transitory period in my life.

@Appleblossom This might be worth looking at- not sure if you have came across this before?

https://upskillcoach.com/blog/what-is-the-johari-window/

@MDT wrote:
Hey @oceangirl
I think you're right about that part in the second part of your post

Yes I am working from home. I hate it. But I have no choice.

I'm trying my best to keep a sound mind.

There are so many things that try to get my attention.

Uni, work,, intern....

Then there are other things too like when do I find a job that's right for me, when do I get to have my own place to live, how long til I can get married too, when will lockdiwn end, when will I get to travel again...... all such things.

At the moment i have more questions than answers

Maybe this is a transitory period in my life.

@MDT Hey Hams Good to hear from you my friend 🙂 Think of the positives of not going into work and the time you save in commute time. You can relax and do the tings you want to do. And I know atm that is restricted for you but go with the punches. One thing at a time and prioritize what is important to you. 

true that @oceangirl
Well i also save money on commute costs as well
I have my own computer set up next to work
so I am doing stuff on that at the same time as "working"
shhh
There is very little I can do atm
and I don't see much point in asking to take on other work because it's not like i get commendation for it.. my contract is non ongoing and all..
I can work on some internship stuff actually

Anyway I'm babling

Prioritizing what is important yes - I agree

No it's cold here too @oceangirl 

Enjoy your hairdressers appt. it's always nice getting a haircut. I've got an app next week but we're in lockdown so now not sure. 
xxx

@MDT How long is your commute into the city?

It helps to have a good attitude- and it helps to feel good about yourself and improves your confidence.Hope you had a good day 🙂

@BlueBay wrote:

No it's cold here too @oceangirl 

Enjoy your hairdressers appt. it's always nice getting a haircut. I've got an app next week but we're in lockdown so now not sure. 
xxx

Hey sis @BlueBay 

How was your day? Yes cold again here overnight. I didn't end up going to my hairdressers appointment. I didn't sleep well last night and wanted to catch up on sleep. I will get my hair done next week.Talk to you soon.

About 40mins @oceangirl

Yeah it is what it is. Find some members say weird things here at times to me but I guess it can sometimes be lost in context. Idk.
About to shower. Made a small fire tonight. Was warm and good.

@MDT 

Maybe its just their way and don't mean anything by it

Glad you had a nice night. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance