Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eh87
Contributor

Can't do anymore

I have written on here before. Just another day to wait for the end of the day. Woke up unhappy feel like even my best friend doesn't understand me anymore and is sick of me. I am just over being me. Told I need to see a therapist but they take weeks to get into. I don't wanna do this anymore. What's wrong with me

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can't do anymore

Hi @Eh87 

I'm sorry to hear things have gone downhill for you, but I want you to know that people in here care about you. Even just looking the other discussion you started 'Lost Hope' I can see that a lot of people were keen to support you.

There is nothing 'wrong' with you , but I can tell you that by reaching out for help, seeking treatment & support, you won't always feel this way. Things can get better. Don't be too hard on yourself for feeling the way you do - you're already going through enough!

It's definitely worth making an appointment with a GP who can refer you onto a psychologist or other therapist - or if you already have someone, even if it's going to take weeks, it's important to make an appointment.

In the meantime, there are things you can do to stay safe -

1) Contact an organisation who can help you while you're in the midst of feeling like this -

Lifeline 13 11 14 or online crisis chat
Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling

000 Emergency Services if you feel like you're at immediate risk

2) We also have a great discussion called 'coping box' which contains lists of distractions that other members use when they are going through a tough time. Perhaps you can use this list or make your own?

3) Keep on reaching out here in the Forums. While we don't offer professional counselling or crisis support, there are others who have been in a similar situation to you and I'm sure can relate to you

Please stay safe and use the contact details if things get worse tonight.

Take care,

Nik

I have an apt to see my dr this week. I've tried so many other times to get help and stay above the water but this time everything inside me is refusing to talk to or receive help from friends. Even refused to see a psychologist fan r so long now because I hated it last time. So now I have an apt to see some too but not for 3 weeks.

Hey @Eh87

Maybe you could ring up and ask to go on the cancelled wait list..often I get cancelled appointments and can be very helpful..

I think there are earlier appt I would just have to swap a shift. I don't want to go on being myself anymore. I have tried too many times to be positive, strong and just pick myself up and keep going. But I feel like I've hit a brick wall this time and everything that has happened just tells me that I'm never good enough, and will never be ok. I am 27 and had enough. And yet I am told " you just need to bite the bullet and go for it" doesn't help me at all. bern through sexual abuse as a child, grew up in a big family so not much attention, abortion at 16 and tried to be positive turning my life around but still every time something comes along when I least expect it I think " finally something good" but turns around and screws me around. That's just a run down of my life I felt like I had to get that out
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance